Archive

Topic: DIGITAL/CW CONTEST WHAT EVERYBODY ASKED FOR (7 replies)
#1     Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:38 pm
KB3NPH
Spring Run, PA

Subject: DIGITAL/CW CONTEST WHAT EVERYBODY ASKED FOR

THE PSK/DIGITAL NET, ALONG WITH CQ-100 AND EQSL IS SPONSORING A DIGITAL CONTEST TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR THE WEEKEND OF APRIL 11 TO 13. CONTEST WILL BE FOR ALL DIGITAL MODES AND CW. COMPLETE DETAILS ARE NOT YET AVAILABLE, SO, PLEASE CHECK THE FORUMS ON QSONET.COM, EQSL.CC, THE CQ100 GROUP ON YAHOOGROUPS AND WATCH FOR THE KB3NPH BEACON ON 14.075.

THE ONE DEFINATE REQUIREMENT IS THAT YOU MUST BE REGISTERED WITH EQSL. THIS IS A FREE REGISTRATION, UNLESS YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A DONATION TO UPGRADE YOUR MEMBERSHIP. THE REASON FOR THIS IS EQSL WILL BE DOING ALL THE SCORING, COMPARING LOGS AND TOTALING THE CONTEST POINTS. THEY ARE OFFERING, AS A PRIZE FOR THE WINNER OF THE CONTEST A SILVER MEMBERSHIP IN EQSL.

PLEASE CHECK THE SITES FOR FINAL DETAILS AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE.

73S
TIM (KB3NPH)
#2     Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:01 am
KB3NPH
Spring Run, PA

Subject: Contest all set.

Word just came thru from eQSL that the contest is all set to go. The following are the rules for the Digital/CW contest. Please make sure when preparing your logs for the contest that you check the Propagation mode as Internet for each contact or they won't be allowed.If you have any further questions about the contest, please contact me via e-mail at KB3NPH@KB3NPH.COM.
Here are the rules:

Sponsor: CQ-100, eQSL.cc, and the PSK/Digital Users Net
Contacts must be made between Saturday April 12, 2008 at 00:00UTC and Monday April 14, 2008 at 00:00UTC

Description: CQ100 Digital/CW contest. Open to all CQ100 users and covers all CQ100 frequency bands.

You must apply for this contest on this page before April 14 at 23:59 UTC

Fees:

Entry Fee: $0.00
Print-Your-Own Participation Certificate: $0.00 (anybody)
Print-Your-Own Certificate: $0.00 (winners only)

There will be:
1 Overall winner(s)

Contacts must be confirmed by an eQSL in your InBox or Archive that you have not rejected.
Scoring is as follows:

6 points for contacts made with digital/image modes
4 points for contacts made with CW

Multipliers:

1 multiplier for each State, VE Province, or DX Country (AK and HI count as countries) per band

Bonus points:

150 points for contacts with KB3NPH
10 points for contacts with Authentity Guaranteed members
200 points if you have Authenticity Guaranteed

Lets try to have good participation in the contest.

73s and good contesting
Tim (KB3NPH)

PS. Dave from eQSL just sent me this note that I want to pass along to those interested in the contest.

One thing you might suggest is that if someone is not sure whether their logger supports the ADIF Prop_Mode tag, they can try uploading a single log record, then go into their OutBox on eQSL.cc and check to see if it clearly shows the Propagation Mode of "Internet". This will show up in 2 places. First of all in the OutBox Selector screen there should be a section after Modes called Propagation Modes. And secondly on the OutBox screen itself, each record with an Internet propagation mode will have (Internet) in the Mode column.

If the OutBox does not show the proper Internet propagation mode, then the contact should be deleted and not uploaded until the logger is upgraded to one that does support the propagation mode.

Dave N5UP

#3     Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:25 am
KB3NPH
Spring Run, PA

Subject: Re: DIGITAL/CW CONTEST WHAT EVERYBODY ASKED FOR

Here we are. The Digital/CW contest begins at midnight tonight (UTC). I am really surprised at the lack of interest shown in this. Over the past year, many people have voiced their interest in holding a contest on CQ-100, but here it is, and what do we hear? NOTHING. Would it be the same response if we were having a VOICE contest? I believe it would.

Many hams say CQ-100 is not REAL HAM RADIO..... Well, from what I am seeing, the users of CQ-100 are not REAL HAMS either. A real ham would jump at the idea of participating in a contest, just for the fun of it.

Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

73s to all and good luck if you do participate in the contest.
Tim (KB3NPH)
#4     Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:38 am
DG7LAE
Luebeck

Subject:

Hi Tim ,

I spoke to 7 hams on CQ100 , not one was aware of the contest .
Seems to me that many use CQ100 for ragchew but never visit the forum .

I will be on (during european daylight ) in PSK,RTTY and CW and I am very interested to see if I will be the only one , I would feel sorry if so .
Thanks for your effort to set
up this contest ,
73 Uli
#5     Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:03 pm
KB3NPH
Spring Run, PA

Subject:

DG7LAE wrote:
Hi Tim ,

I spoke to 7 hams on CQ100 , not one was aware of the contest .
Seems to me that many use CQ100 for ragchew but never visit the forum .

I will be on (during european daylight ) in PSK,RTTY and CW and I am very interested to see if I will be the only one , I would feel sorry if so .
Thanks for your effort to set
up this contest ,
73 Uli

i DON'T THINK YOU WILL BE THE ONLY ONE. THE CONTEST IS UNDERWAY NOW, AND THERE ARE A LOT OF SPIKES ON THE 20 METER BAND. HAVE MADE SEVERAL PSK QSO'S FOR CONTEST ALREADY. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.
GOOD DX AND GOOD LUCK
73S
TIM (KB3NPH)
#6     Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:31 am
DG7LAE
Luebeck

Subject:

Hi Tim ,
turned on CQ100 this morning and met you as my first contact on the digital contest , hope I can make it to the net at 13.00 UTC .

73 Uli
#7     Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:06 am
KB3NPH
Spring Run, PA

Subject: About 9 hours to go in contest

With about 9 hours left in the Digital/CW contest, I want to say the turnout was better than expected. Those who did participate in the contest seem to be having fun and are enjoying the opportunity to participate.

It is a shame though that we did not have more response.

The winner and the participents in the contest will be posted here after the contest ends.

Thank You to all who participated.

Tim (KB3NPH)
#8     Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:01 pm
KB3NPH
Spring Run, PA

Subject: CQ-100 Contest/Event

The contest is behind us now. I was rather disappointed with the number of people who participated, however, those who did participate enjoyed themselves and had a lot of fun.

With about 6 hours left before scores are finalized, it seems our German friend, Uli, (DG7LAE) is in the lead with over 2000 points for 30 some odd contacts.

GREAT JOB, Uli.

There were a lot of CW operators and Digital operators I heard who did not participate. Why??? Your guess is as good as mine. Didn't cost a dime, and they were chatting to others anyway, so why not have some fun?

Anyway, over all, I had a good time and hope we can do this again in the future.

Best wishes to all who participated.

Great DXing and Contesting to all in the future.

73s
Tim (KB3NPH)

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.