VK5TER
Adelaide

Subject: psk31

how do i get digipan to work on the cq100 please
#2     Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:42 pm
GM1BVT
alva , scotland

Subject: digipan and cq100

Hello there, I have not yet tried Digipan and CQ100 , but I have used Hamscope . On my main PC I connected the Headphone Socket on my Driver PC Speaker to the Souncard In line vis a double 3.5 mm connecter, so that I could use a Headset at the same time. You have to bring up both Hamscope and CQ100 . Then both your TX and the other stations TX show up on the Hamscope RX Panel. I later installed both Hamscope and CQ100 on my Laptop, and connected the MIC input to the MIC output. I pulled the MIC ouput out so to hear the CW tones etc as I set up speed etc, then pushed in the connectors again. Now, you cannot hear anything unless you use a multi 3.5 mm connector, but as I cannot read CW , I do not need to hear anything. You need, once agin to bring up both Hamscope,( or maybe Digipan), and both your TX and the other staions TX will show up on Hmamscope RX panel, hope this helps , 73 s, Duncan , GM1BVT.
#3     Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:33 am
DG7LAE
Luebeck

Subject:

soundcard settings:

soundcard recording ( audio input ) : activate stereomix ( sometimes named "what you here " ) for getting reception and adjust it for clear reception once you see a psk signal on 14070 for example

soundcard play (audio output) : adjust the wave slider ( not too high !) for your tx signal level

CQ100 : set mode to VOX

this setup should work with every software for digital modes , as digipan does not provide much possibilities you may test hamradio deluxe which I prefer as it gives you much more modes , it is freeware at http://www.ham-radio-deluxe.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx
HRD itself you do not need but integrated in it is DM780 so that is the programme for digital modes , Hamradio itself you only need on real HF to drive the transceiver .

Good luck

Uli
#4     Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:17 pm
KI4ETJ
Atlanta GA

Subject: Digital Mode for VOIP software setup

KB3NPH has a video on how to setup the dig modes on VOIP CQ100 echolink and Hamsphere ... check out the link for a video how to.. view it in full screen is best for veiwing..

http://www.kb3nph.com./HamRadioAndVOIP/CQ100AudioSetup.html

Eric
KI4ETJ
#5     Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:55 pm
KI4ETJ
Atlanta GA

Subject: psk31

Note : Not the best quality video but I was able to follow it to get it to work..with all VOIP modes ..you have to follow the setup for your individual dig mode software.. Remember to view in full screen after you click the play video button..or you will only get audio...

http://www.kb3nph.com./HamRadioAndVOIP/CQ100AudioSetup.html

Hope this helped ..
KI4ETJ
Eric
#6     Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:45 pm
KE0N
Minneapolis, MN

Subject: Setting up PSK, CQ100 and Vista

Has anyone had any success using Vista with CQ100 and PSK? My laptop only has audio control properties for the standard input and output devices (speakers and mic). There seems no way to check stereo mix or similar.
#7     Sat May 02, 2009 9:01 am
KB3NPH
Spring Run, PA

Subject: Re: Setting up PSK, CQ100 and Vista

KE0N wrote:
Has anyone had any success using Vista with CQ100 and PSK? My laptop only has audio control properties for the standard input and output devices (speakers and mic). There seems no way to check stereo mix or similar.

I am using Vista and have found that with my soundcard, there is a stereo mix, but it is hidden. I have the Realtek High Definition sound card and if you right click on the little speaker in the lower right corner of your taskbar, then select either recording or playback devices. When that screen pops up, right click on any device that shows and another menu will pop up. You should have a check-mark in front of both "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices". Do this check on both the Playback tab and the Recording tab.

If you have any other problems, contact me either here or on my website at www.kb3nph.com.

Good luck and 73s
Tim (KB3NPH)
#8     Wed May 13, 2009 2:00 pm
K2HJC
Villas, NJ

Subject:

I have Sony Vaio and Read on too many to count sites that this was intentionally disabled on these PC's and no one has found a way around it

If this has changed I would really like to know

73 Mike
#9     Wed May 13, 2009 2:35 pm
KB3NPH
Spring Run, PA

Subject:

K2HJC wrote:
I have Sony Vaio and Read on too many to count sites that this was intentionally disabled on these PC's and no one has found a way around it

If this has changed I would really like to know

73 Mike

What has been disabled in that computer? The ability to access the sound card? or the fact it only shows a mike and speaker device when you enter the sound card set-up of the computer? Either way, there are MANY down and dirty ways to use digital modes on CQ-100, even if you only have a mike and speaker device in your computer.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.