Archive

Topic: Quickmix sound-card applet used for hand-sent cw (2 replies)
#1     Fri May 04, 2007 8:09 pm
VK6CP
Perth WA

Subject: Quickmix sound-card applet used for hand-sent cw

CQ100'ers,

I send CW mainly using a straight key through an oscillator into the Line-In socket.

I run CWGET in the background, useful on a ragchew when one may tend to forget certain topics received on a long over.

However for this to work on my set-up, the sound-card setting Stereo-Mix must be clicked on receive and Line-In must be clicked on transmit.

Iíve found a little applet called QuickMix www.ptpart.co.uk/quickmix/ where you can store particular sound-card settings in a file.

I now have 3 file icons on the desktop 1) Rec_cw 2) Send_cw 3) Mic

I've found clicking an icon is quicker than swopping windows.

Larry VK6CP
#2     Sun May 06, 2007 9:50 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

With my SoundBlaster Live, I go to Playback control and unmute Line-in. The I go to Recording control and Select Stereo Mix. It is not necessary to select Line-In here if it is unmuted and turned up under Playback control.
#3     Sun May 06, 2007 10:52 pm
VK6CP
Perth WA

Subject:

Quote:
The I go to Recording control and Select Stereo Mix. It is not necessary to select Line-In here if it is unmuted and turned up under Playback control.

It works! :D
Further tests done here selecting Stereo-Mix – Results :- my hand-key does send input into the Line-In socket and CWGET processes the CW..
Thanks for getting me to double-check my original results Doug. :oops:

73 Larry VK6CP
But I’ll still use the QuickMix applet for selecting the Mic-In socket when changing to voice.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.