Archive

Topic: Psk31 active on 14.070 (6 replies)
#1     Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:17 pm
KD9XH
Sarasota,FL

Subject: Psk31 active on 14.070

CQ100 Users,

Several CQ100 users have been active on PSK31 on the calling frequency
of 14.070. In the last 24 hours I have been able to QSO with G0VVA,
WB4RQD,W4WXA,XE1ENF,K2ENY, MW1CPU, KC7KTT,PE2AAB and I0DZR. Several other stations have come on freq but I could not complete a QSO,
probably because their sound levels or stereo mix input was not set properly.
Please be advised that the CQ100 freq. seems to drift and you may have
to manually retune your reader. There also seems to be some hash with the first few characters probably because the AFC is seeking the drifted signal.

I hope that more users will join us.

Ted
#2     Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:49 pm
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject:

The CQ100 does not drift. It is a discrepency of individual sound cards not being calibrated. Whe two contact with each other that have the same problem with uncalibrated soundcards, the problem is really apparent. When one station is calibrated and works another uncalibrated station the problem still is there but sometimes not as significant. You can use the split mode on your software to accomodate for the differences. But rest assured, it is not a problem with the CQ100. Many of us earlier users discovered this quirk. It works the same with SSTV and other digital modes. There is allot of discussion in this forum and searching PSK31 and Soundcards, will bring you the answers and solutions..

Steve - W0SDG
#3     Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:25 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

My company recently completed a program to embed Continuous Tone-Coded Squelch System or CTCSS tones into a VOIP audio stream. We discovered the SoundBlaster Live card was sending the tones about 2.4 Hertz higher in pitch than the math was generating the tones. We simply added a configuration setting where the tone can be biased to account for the sound card being sharp or flat.

72, Doug
#4     Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:09 am
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject:

Another step forward..! Progress...!

Steve - W0SDG
#5     Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:18 am
AE4TR
South Shore, KY

Subject: Re: Psk31 active on 14.070

KD9XH wrote:
CQ100 Users,

Several CQ100 users have been active on PSK31 on the calling frequency
of 14.070. In the last 24 hours I have been able to QSO with G0VVA,
WB4RQD,W4WXA,XE1ENF,K2ENY, MW1CPU, KC7KTT,PE2AAB and I0DZR. Several other stations have come on freq but I could not complete a QSO,
probably because their sound levels or stereo mix input was not set properly.
Please be advised that the CQ100 freq. seems to drift and you may have
to manually retune your reader. There also seems to be some hash with the first few characters probably because the AFC is seeking the drifted signal.

I hope that more users will join us.

Ted

:lol: I have tried to get someone to talk to on this freq, and only have been successful a couple of times.. It seems that there is no one around that will respond.
I send CQ and wait and wait and wait.. no response.
Maybe I am on at the wrong time, but have tried at different times of the day. No nightime efforts by me, I like to sleep at night.
Hopefully this program will catch on soon.
73 Ben AE4TR

:wink:
#6     Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:58 pm
KD9XH
Sarasota,FL

Subject:

Hello Ben,

I have to admit that PSK 31 activity seems to have dropped some since I posted that note 3 months ago, but there is still activity on 14070. The PSK beacon on 14075 is running most days. We also have a PSK/Digital Net on Saturday mornings at 9 AM EDT. Look for the net on 14070 & 14105 (voice).

Ted
#7     Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:39 am
ZS2GK
South Africa

Subject: Low level of Activity

Greetings Ted and all others.

Agree that activity has been very quiet on the PSK frequency, I have called a few times as well with no response, may also be wrong timing.

Ted I must apologize that I have not been on the Saturday Net but have been busy with Antennas's for MS and future EME.

73 de Glenn

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.