Archive

Topic: drift on waterfall on digipan (3 replies)
#1     Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:37 pm
GM6OFO
Perth Scotland

Subject: drift on waterfall on digipan

Hi all,
Just got PSK31 working with DIGIPAN and notice a slight upward drift on the waterfall between RX and TX ,anyone any thoughts on this , don`t have this problem on HF with the same software..

73`s Mike GM6OFO
#2     Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:28 pm
WA9YZM
Pana, IL

Subject:

Yea, Mike,
I have noticed that I have to chase 'em up the band on the DigiPan waterfall. Don't know the solution. Scratching my head.
73's Jm WA9YZM
#3     Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:11 am
GM6OFO
Perth Scotland

Subject:

Hi Jim WA9YZM or I assume it`s Jim . Thanks for the reply , glad to know it`s not just me,the strange thing is that the problem does`nt happen all the time. Still there at times then no problem for a few hours , could it be dependant on the traffic on the system , starting to think on those terms. Is this rubbish what do you think. :?:

73`s Mike GM6OFO :?
#4     Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:16 pm
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject:

I believe what you are experiencing is not drift, but a discrepency in your sound card. This topic has been discussed many times here. There is a way around it if you can split your TX and RX freq on your PSK program, which several do. The best of both worlds is to get your sound output and input in sync which is generally the cause of this problem. Look for the topics addressing this info in the Digital Forum, etc.. It is a common problem but has nothing to do with the software, channel conditions, etc. If you don't have this problem when chatting with most users, then it is the person who seems to be drifting that has the sound card discrepency and you will have to learn how to split the freqs so you don't keep wandering up the waterfall.

Steve - W0SDG

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.