Archive

Topic: PSK 31 FREQUENCY (6 replies)
#1     Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:29 am
K5ZRK
Sandersville, Ms.

Subject: PSK 31 FREQUENCY

I have finally got my PSK 31 up and running on QsoNet , now the question is, what calling frequency are we going to use ? I guess isne there seems to be so little activity a calling frequency on 20 meters could be used and then qsy off or else go to even a different band. If you are an active PSK 31 user on QsoNet, please give some input on this. I have seen different frequecies discussed BUT nothing firm. Happy Holidays- Wb5kyk, Larry
#2     Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:15 pm
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject:

Larry. Most PSK activity is on 14.070 right now using approximately a 1500 Hz tone. Hope to see you there.

Steve - W0SDG
#3     Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:23 pm
K5ZRK
Sandersville, Ms.

Subject:

Sounds good and hopefully thoe of us who use psk 31 will maek thsi a standard call frequency by using it for such.- Larry
#4     Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:07 pm
K2SHN
Rochester, NY

Subject:

Maybe we need to assign 14.070 as the PSK Calling Frequency. Make your contact, then Qsy up the dial to the next clear "frequency" . Also, cw ops... please do not start calling cq when you hear digital signals on these frequencies... You may be Qrm'ing a Qso and not making any friends !
#5     Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:34 am
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject:

I don't think there is a need for a calling frequency. If 14.070 is busy, move to the next clear channel open and call CQ. We are able to use most frequencies on CQ100 but the idea is to keep it in the same digital spectrum as HF. So 14.070 to 14.090 would be a reasonable spectrum on the 14 MHZ channels especially when more digital sigs are present. No use to have everyone stuck on 070. First come, first serve..

It appears there are a couple of stations intentionally interupting with CW. Now, if the channel is clear and a CW station calls, they have every right to that channel. But, I would think that consideration would be in order here too by the CW ops leaving that channel (freq) open for digital. It seems like the same few CW ops are using it and I wonder their intention? There are only two suggested rules of operation set by Doug that I am aware of;

1. Do not use voice, unless necessary, in the CW spectrums.
2. Always be considerate and fair and use good ham operating procedures when using CQ100..

Steve - W0SDG
#6     Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:02 pm
G4GQL
Ilford, Essex, UK

Subject: PSK31

Hi Guys

Any idea where I can get details for setting up Hamscope with CQ100?

or can anyone help.

Alan
#7     Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:57 am
N2QOJ
Queen Creek AZ

Subject: hamscope setup

Alan,

You can try our YAHOO User support Group for some info. There have been many posts regarding CWGET, Hamscope, and MixW. In any case, there should be someone in our Group that can help you get setup.

Just click on the following link to navigate to the Group and then select "Join".

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CQ100_QsoNet/

Regards,

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.