Archive

Topic: CW GET Problem (3 replies)
#1     Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:31 am
G4OBB
Oxford UK

Subject: CW GET Problem

Hi All friends. I have tried CW get, as my morse varies between rustyand non existant! I've tried varying the volume, etc etc, but using the morse beacon as a test, it seems to work ok for a short while, then gobblede gook ! I'm really frustrated with it. Not cq 100's fault at all, but any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Most people say it works great.Could it be some local interference in my home or in the locality? Cheers guys Des..
#2     Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:38 am
G0DNI
Shrewsbury, UK

Subject: Re: CW GET Problem

G4OBB wrote:
Hi All friends. I have tried CW get, as my morse varies between rustyand non existant! I've tried varying the volume, etc etc, but using the morse beacon as a test, it seems to work ok for a short while, then gobblede gook ! I'm really frustrated with it. Not cq 100's fault at all, but any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Most people say it works great.Could it be some local interference in my home or in the locality? Cheers guys Des..

Des,

I don't know what the problem is as CwGet seems to run OK "out of the box" once you have the various volume settings refined. The fact that CwGet works OK for a while then goes mad, might suggest that your PC is having to work too hard. Do you have anything else running in the background and how old is your PC?

The only time I've had problems is when the volume into CwGet is too low, then I sometimes get random letters and no gaps between words/groups. Are you adjusting anything (CQ100 volume control?) which might be affecting the input to CwGet?
#3     Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:10 pm
G4OBB
Oxford UK

Subject: cw get

Thanks for reply OM. My computer is new, and I don't have anything else running,so I don't know. I'll keep trying with it. Cheers Des
#4     Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:05 pm
K3HIF
Philadelphia

Subject: CW GET

Dont forget to click "go to max"

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.