Archive

Topic: Code Practice (18 replies)
#11     Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:48 pm
W6ALC
San Jose Ca.

Subject:

If you are using GETCW to detech Code---You can use a headphone set
that has a fexiable Microphone--by bending the Microphone in a U back againist the Ear piece and use a rubberband to hold it next to the Ear piece --This works very well---I use a laptop computer and I operate WIFI wireless all the time from many different locations---GL--73--w6alc
#12     Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:43 pm
KE8VK
Okeechobee, FL

Subject:

I enjoy the cw beacon. Please continue with a mix of groups and stories. Maybe a rough schedule of speeds? Thanks again. Tom
#13     Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:14 am
KF4O
Taipei, Taiwan

Subject:

Agree with Tom...and do want to thank Doug again for keeping the Beacon going.
(I esp like 35 wpm repeating words---keep it up!) .
I was on Hamsphere for a bit, but rarely if ever heard CW.
On CQ100, hear several CW QSO's a day. Helping me to get back into my CW!

thanks again,
Randy, KF4O
Taiwan
#14     Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:05 pm
KE0YM
Panama

Subject:

I also enjoy and welcome the cw beacons and use them frequently for code practice. I like having the word groups and the stories both. Please keep it going...it is helping me regain code proficiency.
Tnx
Gus KE0YM :D
#15     Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:20 pm
KD0SJI
Mission, South Dakota

Subject: CW

this is good to learn CW,,,but if like me I am totally new to HAM and CW 10wpm sounds like it is a bit fast for me to pick up. is there any beacons or slower transmissions of CW that a new user can start out on ?
#16     Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:26 pm
NJ3H
Stephens City, Virginia, USA

Subject:

Suggest downloading a program called MorseCat. An excellent CW learning and practice program. Just google it and you will find it. It is free. Even has random call signs, which is very neat.

George, NJ3H
#17     Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:10 pm
KD0SJI
Mission, South Dakota

Subject:

Thank you ! My next pay check I intend on buying that Learning CW book and SW from ARRL as a helping hand
#18     Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:07 pm
NJ3H
Stephens City, Virginia, USA

Subject:

In my opinion, there is no need for the book. There are lessons in the MorseCat program.

There is enough on the internet on how to learn Morse Code. Google that phrase. You will get a different opinion for every article you find. Bottom line, just listen for the sound of each character and learn that, not the individual components of each character.

Some learn characters at a faster rate with more spacing between them so that you only have to learn the sound of the character once. In this method, you just decrease the speed between characters as time goes on. MorseCat will allow this option.

But please google "how to learn morse code" and save your money to put toward a key.

Good luck to you.

George, NJ3H
#19     Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:48 am
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject: Radiotelegraphy Net

There is a lot of info at http://www.radiotelegraphy.net

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.