Archive

Topic: Code practice information (3 replies)
#1     Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:56 pm
W4WWQ
Forest, VA

Subject: Code practice information

How about displaying the Code Practice speed on screen as part of the station ID i.e. QVE3x - Beacon, Thunder Bay, Canada, Code Practice xxwpm ?
#2     Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:22 pm
KG4LMU
Flat rock,Michigan

Subject:

Most of the code practice stations I have found are sending the code out at well over 12 wpm and as high as 20wpm. Not sure exactly who thats helping but its not the no-coders. I havent seen anything under 10 wpm yet?
#3     Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:28 pm
G4ILO
Cockermouth, UK

Subject:

There's a school of thought that learning the code that slow creates a mental barrier that makes it hard to master higher speeds. Certainly I have struggled with the code because that was the way I learned it, years ago when the only source of material was code practise LPs. I wrote a program called MorseGen to learn the code using the Koch method, where you learn to recognize letters one at a time at your intended receiving speed. You are welcome to try it. It's free.
#4     Mon May 21, 2007 10:32 am
VA3JWJ
Hamilton

Subject:

One should never try to learn Morse Code at a speed no lower than 12wpm

The basic 5 wpm that was used at coarses for beginners did nothing but cause a big mental gap. Getting over the hump as they call it is a tough one to do when you decide to go faster..

JJ

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.