Archive

Topic: On screen CW decoder (15 replies)
#11     Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:06 am
WA1PJG
Manchester,NH USA

Subject: HAMSCOPE

There is a program you can download called "Hamscope". With this program you can send and receive cw, and digital modes, such as rtty,and psk, on your cq 100 transceiver. Its free from the hamscope web site. I find it useful for sending and copying cw at any speed that you set the program to do. Its easy to setup and use. Very little configuration needs to be done. It runs through your computer's soundcard. I like it very much. 73, and good luck! Mike, WA1PJG.
#12     Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:09 pm
KC9KOW
Chicago

Subject:

"We ham operators become computers geek's, why not anyone come with the idea to get together and learn real CW, I say if someone like to practice this mode, why not learn and be proud to do so?."

CW decoders can be a part of learning the art because there are those of uus that learn slower, or have difficulty learning something like CW, and so it is a valid learning tool IMHO.
#13     Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:12 pm
KC9KOW
Chicago

Subject:

WA1PJG,

I cannot have a "real" RF set up beyond a handie-talkie and the amateur radio VOIP / Echolink, and other internet modes. I have HRD which features PSK31. I am wondering if some of the digital modes such as this, and Hell, and so on can be used via one's computer when no RF connect is available?
#14     Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:37 pm
N2NKW
Duncan OK ALso Travelling

Subject:

I have tried using this Hamscope. I cannot figure out how to get it to read anything. I am using windows vista so I cannot use the "help" files to get this done. Can anyone let me know what settings I need to get hamscope set to? All I get is random letters no matter how fast or slow I send code or recieve code. It seems that using the hamscope should copy better then that as it is perfect computer generated code. No fist "accent" or or anything for it to not understand. I have played with the settings but no dice. I am totally confused.

To any who may have run across my test tries, I apologize for seeming to be rude. I don't know the code very well to copy manually yet. I can send it ok but I am not a very good copy.
#15     Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:23 am
KC5PTX
324 Bryan Dr Garland,Tx.75042

Subject:

I am using a straight key for code on cq 100 and do make many contacts because most of the cw operators are depending on decoding programs to recieve. These programs are set up to copy perfect code and someone using a fist does not send perfect code. However, I have no problems making contacts on HF radio where almost everyone copies cw by ear or sound. My suggestion is use the keyboard on cq 100 if you want to make a lot of contacts. The real cw is a dying art and i would rather give it up then imitate it. Thank God, there is still HF radio. 73 and Good Luck to all. Issi kc5ptx
#16     Mon May 21, 2007 10:31 am
VA3JWJ
Hamilton

Subject:

KC5PTX wrote:
The real cw is a dying art and i would rather give it up then imitate it. Thank God, there is still HF radio. 73 and Good Luck to all. Issi kc5ptx

Here Here as they say. .lol

I agree with you %1000 .

JJ

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.