Archive

Topic: Txmt CW with FLDIGI on CQ100 (4 replies)
#1     Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:59 pm
KB3YOW
Johnstown, PA, USA

Subject: Txmt CW with FLDIGI on CQ100

I have been able to receive and translate CW on CQ100 using FLDIGI, but have not yet figured out how to transmit using FLDIGI. Is this even possible?

Like everything else with a computer it is probably easy if one knows how. I would appreciate any help you can offer regarding establishing 2-way CW communications via FLDIGI or MRP40 on CQ100.

Thanks for your help on this matter.

73's

Bob
KB3YOW :lol:
#2     Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:11 pm
K8LEN
indiana

Subject: cw

It is fairly simple just adjust your sound card from mic to stero mix if you have windows xp, also in some cases you have to disconnect your mic from the pc,some cases you dont have to........
I use fldigi on all the digital modes on cq100.
POB/K8LEN
#3     Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:26 pm
KB3YOW
Johnstown, PA, USA

Subject:

Now, I'm really excited about getting this to work! Thank you for such a quick response.

I should have been more specific, I do have Windows XP as an operating system. Can you be more specific as to how to "adjust my sound card from my mic to stereo mix" ... I can handle disconnecting my mic from the PC.

I've looked about but have not seen where to make that change ... at least that I recognized.

Sorry for the added trouble because of my ignorance.

Thanks,

Bob
KB3YOW
#4     Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:22 pm
NJ3H
Stephens City, Virginia, USA

Subject:

Hi,
Go to Control Panel/Sounds. Then Audio. Then Recording Control. Then Volume.

Now you have a window that has a number of slide switches on it. Choose Options in this window and set advanced.

Hopefully you have a control for either stereo mix or wave out mix. You will need one of these. Not all sound cards have this capability. However, many old soundblaster cards do.

Choose the mix that you have (stereo or wave out). For me, I have to keep the volume slider almost at zero, to avoid overdriving the CQ100.

Now when you want to go back to voice, you will have to change the selected recording device back to what it was before (mic).

To make life easy in this switching, I use a free program called QuickMix 1.06. Just google it. This program allows you to save sound settings and then just double click on the small config files as needed. I just keep them on my desktop. I have config files for CQ100 voice, Echolink voice, CQ100 digital modes,Computer system sounds, etc. By the way, I use the system sounds choice for recording music that Pandora is playing to audacity and also the internet RTTY broadcast from the internet TTY website of W7TTY. I use FLDigi to decode the internet TTY and the digital modes on CQ100. The best way is to get someone on the phone and work through it as you try to figure things out. K8LEN helped me on the phone a couple of years ago. It can be a little tricky to get everything right, but once you have it figured out, make good notes and note slide switch settings and once things are nailed down, use QuickMix to save a config file for those particular settings.

However, the first thing to determine is if indeed you have stereo or wave mix out. Hope some of this helps.

By the way, it is fun to copy the internet TTY news feed. I use the 8000 one (it will be clear at the internet tty page). In fact, you can even upload your own news items. Since this is receive only, stereo mix or wave mix out is not required, since you aren't transmitting. I list this internet tty just for something else to play with and it is totally unrelated to getting digital modes to work on CQ100.

Best of luck to you.

George, NJ3H
Stephens City, VA
#5     Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:03 pm
NJ3H
Stephens City, Virginia, USA

Subject:

So glad I wrote all the stuff above.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.