Archive

Topic: CW Pitch Control on Both Transmit & Receive (2 replies)
#1     Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:12 pm
W1PI
Sebring, Florida

Subject: CW Pitch Control on Both Transmit & Receive

I was wondering if it would be possible to make the "CW Pitch Control" responsive on receive as well as transmit? When operating CW I like to hear the pitch at the same audio frequency as when the keyboard is transmitting. Is this something that could easily be incorporated into the program? In this way, the incoming signal would be at the same pitch as when you are sending via the keyboard.

Thank you.
#2     Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:35 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Clay. It would be a major change. Right now the tone is generated on the transmitting station, then sent as full audio to the receiving station(s). hmmm you have me thinking outloud now. Maybe would could somehow heterodyne the incoming voip against a bfo, then strip the original tone. Maybe we can find a DSP algorithm for tone switch somewhere.
#3     Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:47 am
W1PI
Sebring, Florida

Subject: Thanks Doug

I sure don't want to add to your work load, hi hi. Just one of those little things I thot would help. Sure don't need to have you make any major changes. I guess I just like copying cw at a higher pitch. Most of the QSOs I've had so far on cw have the sender using around 400hz, where I like to listen more at 600. Thats what make the world go round, hi hi. Thanks again for your quick response.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.