Archive

Topic: Can't get FLDIGI to work. (4 replies)
#1     Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:09 am
G4JVX
Winsford, Cheshire

Subject: Can't get FLDIGI to work.

I have been following K8LEN's instructions on getting FLDIGI working, but I have had no success whatever.

I am mainly trying it with the CQ100 Morse practice beacon, as there is rarely anything on 14.070 or 14.080. In fact, I have only seen two or three short bursts of PSK31 or RTTY activity.

There is a strong waterfall, to which I have tuned, but absolutely nothing on the RX screen.

I have set up my call sign, QTH, and Locator. Plus I have selected the correct mode.

Having tried it many times over the past weeks, I am at a loss to know what I am doing wrong!

As I am getting the waterfall, I thought that it should be working.

I have voice QSOs on CQ100, its just the digital modes which I can't use.
Also, I have tried MMSSTV and DIGIPAN. There's nothing from either of those programs.

I realise that this information is very basic, but if K8LEN or anyone else could please give me a pointer to what to do, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks.

Keith G4JVX
#2     Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:28 am
K8LEN
indiana

Subject: DIGITAL

HI KEITH;
I am no expert let me tell you this.

On fldigi, you are doing the right thing on that, just set it up for cw or what mode you want, , don't bother with the other box it means nothing, where it lists the various modes. configure name, qth and call.

On CQ100...front of the radio...vox set, mic gain 12 oclock, the adjustment of vox level 7/dwell 1.5...af gain 1 or 2<max>, clicks above the off<left side>.
On the icon spkr on your pc...press that to adjust controls...when wave comes up and others vol control etc...run your wave up to 40 to 50 percent and on the box for microphone be sure to check that...

I forgot<sorry>, on the front of the radio make sure you have the mode in VOX.

If you are overdriving the meter indicator just reduce the wave down a bit or your afgain down a click.

On fldigi it sometimes takes a few seconds to click in for cw reception.

Also you cant have your volume control to high for fldigi to kick in and work...

I hope this helps, and it took me a while to get this stuff going also.

POB/K8LEN :(
#3     Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:19 am
G4JVX
Winsford, Cheshire

Subject:

Hello, POB/K8LEN

Thank you very, very, much for your reply.

I've set CQ100 up as your instructions, and it now works with CW. Can't transmit CW at the moment as I haven't a key. Got rid of it when I got rid of all my gear some years ago!

All I have to do now is to wait for PSK31 and RTTY to appear on CQ100, then I can check those modes and start using them.

Many thanks again.

Keith G4JVX
#4     Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:25 am
K8LEN
indiana

Subject: CW

Sounds good keith, now to use your key on cq100...computer to cq100 morse....you need a an adaptor cable if I remember right...

http://www.amateurradioproducts.com/

on that half way down you will see a cable/plug etc saying cq100 modem cable, that is what you will need for operating with your morse key.....

Have a great day

PAT/K8LEN :D
#5     Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:05 am
G4JVX
Winsford, Cheshire

Subject:

Thanks, Pat.

Just a quick update. It now works on PSK31 RX.

Digipan also works on PSK31 RX.

Not had a chance to try TX yet.

Thanks again for all your help.

Keith G4JVX

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.