Archive

Topic: SSTV - PD90 Mode (5 replies)
#1     Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:30 pm
NJ3H
Stephens City, Virginia, USA

Subject: SSTV - PD90 Mode

For those of us without MixW, is there another recommended SSTV format that will work with CQ100? How about PD90, which MultiPSK has in its arsenal.

Doug, please add some capability to the CQ100 program to enhance digital mode communication. Those of us stuck in areas with antenna restrictions (among many other hams) rely on CQ100 to fulfill our hamming needs. The digital modes allows us something else to work on as part of our hobby.

Regards,
George, NJ3H
#2     Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:16 am
K8LEN
indiana

Subject: digital

I use fldigi, worked the first time out of the box for me, and I usually can;t get any of the programs to work, but this one worked on rtty, psk,cw, and no add ons at all..

POB/K8LEN
#3     Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:23 pm
NJ3H

Subject:

Hi,

I am referring to the SSTV mode specifically. Apparently this one mode and CQ100 doesn't mesh as well as the other digital modes do. I am hoping not to have to buy MixW for the SSTV TTT mode. The author of MultiPSK, which I have registered, suggests the PD90 mode for SSTV. I am just curious if anyone has tested that particular mode on CQ100.

What would be nice is if the CQ100 program could be modified by the suthor to allow SSTV to work better than what reports say it does now. The CQ100 system does an excellent job on voice and the non-sstv modes. I can honestly say, I am so glad that I came across this program a few months ago. Not having HF capability at my QTH and having always wanted to play with SSTV, I hope that someday CQ100 can provide that capability for good resolution pictures.

Regards,
George
#4     Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:30 pm
NJ3H

Subject:

Hi Pat,

I downloaded fldigi and have it installed. I notice that some of the mfsk modes support picture transfer. Have you tried that yet over CQ100? If so, how was the picture quality.

I realize most on CQ100 use the QSO-TV, but it would be interesting to see if the mfsk modes will work for picture transfer for the fun of it. I also notice that QSO-TV pictures are a different size that the SSTV pictures that MultiPSK and MMSSTV use. When I get some time, I want to investigate what size pictures are sent in the fldigi mfsk modes.

I have been copying the Internet RTTY stream that W7TTY has up and running and saving the RX to a file. It has worked to do this, but the program puts a date/time stamp about every 5 seconds, which makes the file a little difficult to read. MMTTY just puts the RX data in a file without all the extra information. Of course, for most, going back to confirm date/time might be important, but for just pure text copying, who needs it. Therefore an option would be nice to not show the date/time in fldigi.

Too bad there isn't a software link with fldigi that would allow the CQ100 frequencey to be displayed within fldigi like for actual rigs interfaced with that program. I noticed that in fldigi, one cannot change the frequency in the logbook, since it is automatically entered from the frequency shown on the fldigi screen. The renders the logbook function useless for CQ100, SWL, and whatever else one might want to log.

I see at the fldigi website that there is a logbook program that can be downloaded. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I don't know if it is a true stand-alone program that allows the entry of all log information manually.

Pat thanks for the fldigi tip. Please let me know of things you have had success with using fldigi and those things that didn't work so good.

Regards,
George
#5     Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:13 pm
K8LEN
indiana

Subject: DIGI

HI GEORGE;
I have never used sstv on CQ100, the only thing I have used is cw, psk,rtty. Although this am on 14.080 for some reason I could not copy the rtty stations who were on, probably me, I might have had it set in a lower setup like 50, and it dawned on me they use 75 in rtty on fldigi on CQ100. I will have to try it again tomorrow.

I also run HAMSPHERE and FRN also here, and it was filled up with stations this date, although I use 6 and 10 meters on it, you can put the simm button on off and it has fm quality on those bands, but the rest has simulated qrm,qsb etc.

Anyhow maybe I will run into you on cq100 sometime or the other program.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS/73

PAT/K8LEN :shock:
#6     Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:31 pm
K8LEN
indiana

Subject: SSTV

WHAT frequency do we use for SSTV on 20 meters...I heard some use the mmtv<similiar name>, to run it, and what do you use George, a webcam ..inform me please.

P.S. Never hear you on rtty George.
:(

POB/K8LEN :shock:

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.