Archive

Topic: Digital Modes/Software (6 replies)
#1     Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:23 pm
NJ3H
Stephens City, Virginia, USA

Subject: Digital Modes/Software

Hi,

I have tried various software packages today and am having mixed luck with them, so i thought I would ask for some help.

1. CWGet seems to work the best for CW reading.

2. I tried HameScope and could not get it to read CW. I tried to go into RTTY mode and it said it needed mmtty engine. I tried packet mode and it said it need agwpe executable. Whare are these items and where are they located. This program would not copy the bpsk signal at 14070.

3. Tried MixW. This program did not do anything worthwhile (just garbage) on the CW practice beacons. It did copy most of the bpsk transmission on 14070.

It is obvious that I am not doing things correctly on this end. Please provide some ideas that I can try to get digital modes to work with CQ100.

George, NJ3H
#2     Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:17 pm
K8LEN
indiana

Subject: copy CW GET

George
How do you get cwget to copy, I couldn't..
I use dgipan for psk on cq100 it works good.

There is a chap who has a web page on cq100 and various setups and if you have a question he will answer, I will look it up for you.
http://kb3nph.us/MAINindex/

POB/K8LEN
#3     Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:10 pm
NJ3H

Subject: cwGet and thanks for the info

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the link to Tim's website. I have sent him an email. My computer sound card does not have any of the mixers, so I will have to go another route. I have absolutely no idea how to use the other software to have it do anything. I have only made one RTTY contact 20 years ago with Aves Island, but don't remember a thing about the procedures, etc. My hamming life has been SSB DX-ing, so I am eager to learn something else.

As far as cwGet, I have the CQ100 on a CW station, with the audio coming from the PC speaker, not the headphones. I loaded up cwGet. You will notice a peak in the graph area of the display. Left-click on the highest point within the peak. When you do this, you should see theCW being translated to characters in the text display window of cwGet. I hope this will work for you. I found that sometimes the conversion was good, while at others not so good.

Take care, Pat.

George, NJ3H
Stephens City, Virginia
#4     Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:10 am
K8LEN
indiana

Subject: CWGET

Thanks George, I did try it but used the headset, no one in the house hold wants to hear cw on the speakers<hi>, actually haven't been able to see any characters and barely the spikes, will give it more of a try when I hear the cw code practice station on again.

Tnx

POB/PAT/K8LEN :(
#5     Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:34 pm
NJ3H

Subject:

Pat,
The key is, from what I've read, is that the sound has to come from the speaker. So hope this works for you.

George
#6     Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:33 am
K8LEN
indiana

Subject: DIGITAL MODE

I got one whicH works great right out of the box<download>, dlfigi, it works on cw and rtty with no problem, even for me...

PAT/K8LEN :D
#7     Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:42 am
K8LEN
indiana

Subject: RTTY/PSK

I have another program now for digital/rtty called mmvari, and it seems to work good here.
This was courtesy of JOHN on the West coast.....

pat/k8len :D

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.