Archive

Topic: MRX serial connecter, for Dahditdah (6 replies)
#1     Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:36 am
G0EML
Shrewsbury

Subject: MRX serial connecter, for Dahditdah

Having downloaded the programme Dahditdah, that works very well,
and having purchased the supporting MRX serial connecter i find that i do get audio sound when i press my paddle,
But i cannot get it to key up the CQ100 Keyer, i have been into the output mixer, and input mixer, and all i have is a slider for mic volume, a tick box for mute, and i have been into the advance settings all i find is tick boxes for mic speakers,
Can anyone help me to get the mrx serial connecter to key up the keyer on CQ100
#2     Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:35 am
KB3NPH
Spring Run, PA

Subject: Re: MRX serial connecter, for Dahditdah

G0EML wrote:
Having downloaded the programme Dahditdah, that works very well,
and having purchased the supporting MRX serial connecter i find that i do get audio sound when i press my paddle,
But i cannot get it to key up the CQ100 Keyer, i have been into the output mixer, and input mixer, and all i have is a slider for mic volume, a tick box for mute, and i have been into the advance settings all i find is tick boxes for mic speakers,
Can anyone help me to get the mrx serial connecter to key up the keyer on CQ100

That's because the Dahditdah program does not use the CW keyer built into CQ-100. Leave the mode set to PTT mode when using the program. CQ-100 keyer mode is only used for those who send via the keyboard when using no other external software for CW.
#3     Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Thanks Tim. Your explanation is correct. The CW mode is ONLY if you plan to send CW by typing on the keyboard.

With the sound card set to "Line-in" or "Stereo-Mix", I find the VOX mode works fine for partial QSK.

73, Doug
#4     Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:37 pm
G0EML
Shrewsbury

Subject:

Many thanks for the speedy reply,
as i can understand from your reply you cannot send direct to CQ100 from your paddle via Dahditdah to get direct connection, just as you would like using the keyboard,
i wish i new that before i spent 30 on a new sound card, and it still does not work,
so we can only send CW via the Dahditdah programme to the mic, and have to put up with background noise that the mic picks up, is that as i understand, or am i not understanding,
Many thanks
Ray :cry:
#5     Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:50 pm
WB0WLS
Grand Island NE -- Let's work some CW -- CW, music to a ham's ears

Subject:

Hi Ray... I guess I'll jump in and stick my foot in my mouth as I'm not sure I can help... but it sounds like you need to do as Doug was mentioning... change your sound card input from "mic" to "stereo mix" or it might be called "wave" on your sound card.

You can use vox, ptt or ptt/ptl.... any of those will work. If you leave your sound card input to "mic" then yes, you can mic the tone and feed it back into your computer and yes as you say, it picks up the room noise, etc.

I guess the big questions is (unless I missed something), does your sound card show "stereo mix" or "wave" on the input side?? You have to deselect MIC and select one of those choices.

If these choices do not show when you click on the WHITE question mark and OPEN MIXER (input)... then click on OPTIONS in upper left corner THEN click on PROPERTIES and select INPUT and see if all the boxes are checked... you may have one there for STEREO MIX that is not checked... check it and then click on OK.... and then it should show up in your mixer sliders.

I hope I didn't confuse the issue or lead you down the wrong path.

rich
#6     Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:26 am
KB3NPH
Spring Run, PA

Subject:

G0EML wrote:
Many thanks for the speedy reply,
as i can understand from your reply you cannot send direct to CQ100 from your paddle via Dahditdah to get direct connection, just as you would like using the keyboard,
i wish i new that before i spent 30 on a new sound card, and it still does not work,
so we can only send CW via the Dahditdah programme to the mic, and have to put up with background noise that the mic picks up, is that as i understand, or am i not understanding,
Many thanks
Ray :cry:

Hi Ray,
Go to the following link. There is a complete description of how to set up your sound card. This set-up works for ALL external CQ-100 programs, including Dahditdah, Multipsk, Digipan,. In the examples it shows using Multipsk, but the sound card set up is same for all.

This web page has instructions and pictures of how to set everything up.

http://www.kb3nph.com/9.html

73s
Tim (KB3NPH)
#7     Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:14 pm
G0EML
Shrewsbury

Subject:

Many thanks to all of you for you excellant infomation,
And boy what a great help you have been Tim,(KB3NPH ) for sending the link explaining everything i need to know in order to get myself set up correctly,
how informing it is Tim, and i Thank you,
i will get it sorted! But i am off on holiday for two weeks, so on my return will do as the link connection comments explain,
Thanks again to all, and i am sure that this link will help a great deal of people to get set up,
Ray

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.