Archive

Topic: Links/ Gateways Good or Bad idea? (13 replies)
#11     Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:19 pm
K9FB
Kokomo, Indiana

Subject:

If a user of the CQ100 is unknowingly linked to an RF transmitter, I can't see how he or she can be in violation. The CQ100 user is not transmitting an RF signal. It is the RF link operator who may be in violation if the CQ100 licensee does not have privileges on the RF link frequency. If third-party agreements are in place between the countries involved, then the CQ100 operator's "transmission" becomes a third-party transmission over RF, and the RF link licensee must take responsibility for the content of the resulting RF transmission. But if there is no third-party agreement in place, the RF transmission is not authorized, and the RF link licensee is responsible to prevent that from happening - not the unknowing CQ100 operator. That's my interpretation, anyway. In any case, it would be prudent for all RF links to be identified as such in the information area of the display. Of course when the link is idle, there is no way to know it is there.

K9FB
#12     Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:13 pm
M1GUR
UK

Subject: RF LINKS

I think the answers easy, rf links should only be used on the so called 29MHz band, if this band is the only one used for rf linking then operators know not to use that band if they don't want to be going out live on air.

I would also be interested to know if their is any regulation from the CQ 100 owner regarding setting up and operating a gateway link.

This is a great system and I for one enjoy useing it.

Regards to all, Peter M1GUR.
#13     Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:02 pm
AD5C
Citrus Springs, Florida

Subject:

VE3EFC wrote:
It is my understanding that the licensed operator of the hardware station is solely responsible for transmissions from his station. As long as he is "at the controls", the VOIP traffic is considered like a phone patch. The transmitting station must identify. I recently heard that some countries (example UK) do not allow phone patch. In these countries, only the voice of a licensed operator may be transmitted. A friend in the shack is not allowed to speak unless he is licensed.

Even though CQ-100 is simulated RF and said 28, 21, 14,7.0 and 3.5 MHz, are not Linked to the real RF frequencies , We as ham operators do follow the rules and regulations of amateur radio, so We know that it's not going to be any different when Linked to any real RF band, as long as the rules and regulations are followed.
#14     Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:21 pm
KB0OXD
Denver, Colorado

Subject:

Hi everyone:

Now that CQ100 has not only taken off, but has now included a video application, I'll definately be looking for ways to integrate it with my RF link (Which is now on EchoLink) once I get my dues paid re-upped. :)

That said though, I think the best way to address that would be to have special commands just for CQ100. These commands can be as simple as a frequency followed by the # key. While this may confuse the heck out of EchoLink, it will prompt CQ100 to switch frequencies and/or bands upon command.

I don't think we need to worry about the link interface boards as they'll respond to it just as if it were an EchoLink command, but the command structure can't be the same as the one used for EchoLink nodes.

Just my opinion...

Cheers & 73 :D

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.