Archive

Topic: No TX Audio (3 replies)
#1     Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:42 pm
KC7CRR
Kennewick, WA

Subject: No TX Audio

Hello All :),

Tried to connect via this mode for first time tonight. Broke into existing QSO (which was just finishing up). The VK station saw my info on his screen but said I had no audio. Noticed that while I was in TX mode, that there was no indication on the displayed S meter.
Wondering if I have my microphone hooked up correctly? Also, should I see S meter response while I speak. This mode seems a bit different than actual HF operations...hihi!!!
Thanks for reading this post and any information.

Bob
#2     Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:50 pm
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Subject: No Audio

Hi Bob

You should see an indication on the meter when you speak.
Most likely the soundcard mixer on your computer is not setup correctly.
If you click on the ? in the upper left hand corner of the program it will open the mixer for you. Make sure under INPUT that you have selected the microphone. If need be, click on the 20 dB boost.

If still no luck, post back and someone will help.

73 Bob, W7RJR
#3     Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:14 am
KC7CRR
Kennewick, WA

Subject: Still No TX Audio

Hello Again,

Looked at sound card settings and all appears to be normal. Followed W7RJRs instructions, but still no audio during TX.

I have a suspicion that problem might be due to the way I have the microphone connected to the PC. I have an interface connected between the PC and my HF rig so that I can run digital modes (usually PSK-31). This setup does effect my normal PC speaker output...enough so that I usually have the PC speakers turned off. Yes, I did turn them back on while trying QSOnet!

Next task will be to remove all the interface cables and go back to original Dell specified hookup.

Any other ideas still would be appreciate.

Tnx & 73,

Bob (KC7CRR)
#4     Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:17 am
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Subject: RE: No TX Audio

Bob

Make sure your microphone is actually working. You can check it by running the sound recorder feature under Windows accessories.
Try a different microphone? Is it designed to be used with a PC? Does it have a mute switch?

Could be a bad microphone socket on the soundcard !
Make sure the mic is plugged into MIC not LINE IN.

Otherwise out of suggestions here.

Good luck

73, Bob, W7RJR

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.