Archive

Topic: Problem with Mic Gain (2 replies)
#1     Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:20 pm
WA0HFO
Marshalltown, IA USA

Subject: Problem with Mic Gain

Not sure if this is a problem with my computer setup, or perhaps a bug.

I have been operating just fine, have logged on and off several times and have conducted several QSOs with no problem.

The microphone I'm using, I'm told, gives good audio quality and I get the output meter to hit between S9 and +10 with the Mic Gain set at about the 2 o'clock position. It is also fully adjustable and can be reduced or raised from that point.

The problem is without doing anything else, but just activating the PTT, to transmit, I suddenly notice that the audio level is never getting above S5 or S6. Further, if I adjust the Mic Gain up, I can put it clear to the Max and the audio level seems to never go above S5 or S6. In short, there doesn't seem to be much, or any adjustment to the Mic Gain.

I stopped the program and restarted it, but that didn't fix the problem. I also opened the panel of controls to check the Mic volume and it was set at the max level.

I've had this occur twice, and I'm not sure what happened the first time to get the Mic Gain back, but this second time I've not been able to get it back to normal operation.

Anyone else experience this problem, or know what the workaround might be?

Thanks...
#2     Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:48 pm
WA0HFO
Marshalltown, IA USA

Subject: Update on Mic Level problem

I rebooted my computer (a complete shutdown), and then turned on the computer and brought up CQ100. The Mic Level then worked fine.

Still not sure what the root cause is, but at least I have a way to workaround it.

I'm running Windows XP Pro, on a Gateway desktop PC.
#3     Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:14 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

The mic gain knob on CQ100 simply pushes the mic slider up and down for the selected sound card. It sounds like some other program may also be connected to your sound card and trying to adjust this same slider.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.