Archive

Topic: "on the air" goes off during Xmit (4 replies)
#1     Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:37 am
WB0WLS
Grand Island NE -- Let's work some CW -- CW, music to a ham's ears

Subject: "on the air" goes off during Xmit

This topic may have been discussed before...

During the last couple of days I have noticed that when I am transmitting CW or voice, the "on the air" light (for a moment) will go out and my information will go off the screen. I'm using PTT/PTL during voice, so it isnt' a vox issue. After a couple of seconds the on the air sign will light up. During these very short periods, it appears that I am still transmiting as the S-meter continues to fluctuate.

Is this a problem on my end? Is it internet? Is it something with the CQ100 servers?

Doug (or anybody)?????
#2     Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:52 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

I have never seen or heard of this problem before... except as a vox issue.
#3     Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:43 pm
KE7ELT
Laugh, Nevada U.S.A.

Subject: light goes out

Hi
I beleive the problem is caused by noise in the line ,i have same problem
light goes out Station ID disappears but station is still transmitting, any noise in Line wether DSL or Phone will cause this , it will drop for a MIL a second , thats normal for Broadband and DSL , Got this info from Cable Provider, hope this helps 73

Rich K7RJP X-KE7ELT
#4     Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:26 pm
WB0WLS
Grand Island NE -- Let's work some CW -- CW, music to a ham's ears

Subject:

Hi Rich. Well, it happens often when receiving a station... but my experience a couple days ago was that it was happening while I was transmitting, which does not happen often. That may have happened to me sometime in the past, but I can't remember.

Anyway, it hasn't happened since... so must be like you said, some noise on the line or else maybe the connection at my provider. I'm not really up on all this stuff, so it's "always" just a guess. :D

rich
#5     Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:03 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

The above behavior during receive is a normal reaction to long internet dropouts.

The above reaction during Transmit should be impossible. Once the mic is keyed on, it will continue to show "On Air" until the mic is keyed off, regardless of internet connection. The only things that can key off your mic are:
1) space bar tap or mouse click on the PTT button.
2) Vox
3) Windbag timer.

Perhaps some other program is pressing your space bar?

73, Doug

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.