Archive

Topic: Station ID goes off screen (3 replies)
#1     Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:14 pm
KD8BIN
Toledo, Ohio

Subject: Station ID goes off screen

Hi,

At times, when I tune a station in, it will show the info for the station that is transmitting, then go off and show my info as "listening" even though the station is still talking. Any idea's?

Thanks,

de KD8BIN (John) :?
#2     Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:16 pm
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Subject: RE:Disappearing station ID

Same problem noted here.
#3     Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:38 am
G6CPZ
KIRTON Nr. BOSTON

Subject:

Same problem at my station

Alan G6CPZ
#4     Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:22 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Many people including myself have noticed this problem. When it says "Listening" it is correct, but it would be better if the Station's Info continued to show thougout his transmission. This is a cosmetic problem that should be easy to fix.

Stations on dialup or poor connections, will sometimes have a breakup lasting only a few miliseconds. Often, this slight breakup is not noticable, but the receiver detects this as end of transmission, so it closes the info. If a station has a excellent connection, his info continues to show throughout his transmission.

I remember putting a delayed reaction in my source code to avoid this problem, but I guess this code somehow got bypassed in the newer versions. This behavior will be fixed in the next version.

HINT - Temporary fix: If you press the keyboard down arrow to tune away; wait a second then return, the system thinks you have just tuned in so it re-displays the info lines.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.