Archive

Topic: Prog Lockup. (36 replies)
#31     Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:26 pm
W3DBG
Gaithersburg, MD

Subject:

If you are using XP-SP2 as I am, here is how you can determine which winsock you are running:
Start -> Run msinfo32 -> OK
Click on + sign in front of Components
Click on WinSock under Network
FYI, my winsock.dll is Version 3.10
and my wsock32.dll is Version 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Yes I still have the band switching problem, but I hope that posting this info may help, especially if others will do the same. 73, Jim
#32     Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:36 pm
ZL3BCO
Nelson, NZ

Subject: PC Lockups

I checked my msinfo32 on the PC that locks up and also on the other PC that runs perfectly. Both are identical to VE3EFC and W3DBG's results.
Also loaded Skype on the PC that runs CQ100 with no detrimental effect.

Its being so cheerful that keeps me going!

Brian
#33     Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:00 pm
ZL3BCO
Nelson, NZ

Subject:

All you chaps suffering from these lockups, do you run Sunbelt Kerio Firewall? I did (paid for) and after doing a complete reformat and re-install CQ100 worked fine. When I reached the stage of re-installing Kerio firewall, CQ100 flaked out. I restored to pre kerio and CQ100 worked again. So looks like there is some incompatibility between the two programmes.

QED

Brian
#34     Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:22 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Brian, thank you! thank you! THANK YOU!

Thanks for your hard work to get to the bottom of this nagging problem.

IT'S KERIO

73 Doug
#35     Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:00 am
W3DBG
Gaithersburg, MD

Subject:

I can confirm that uninstalling Kerio and allowing XP's built in firewall to run did solve this problem.
No matter what permissions were granted CQ100 in Kerio the problem remained.
Exiting Kerio did not do the trick.
Nothing short of uninstalling Kerio resolved this issue.
However, before uninstalling Kerio, I exported its configuration file for possible future use, as it had taken ages to train Kerio.
It remains a mystery as to why this conflict exists between CQ100 and Kerio, as this behavior has not been seen with any other program.
I could contact the Sunbelt Kerio folks and see if they can figure it out, but they are probably not hams and won't be able to get or use the program.
Any ideas on that Doug?
Thanks also to Brian ZL3BCO
Jim
#36     Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:05 pm
VO1MI
St. Johns, NL Canada

Subject:

Thanks Brian (ZL3BCO) for solving the lockup problem. I tried many times by exiting Kerio, but only after removing it from the system and reinstalling CQ100 did it finally allow me to change frequencies without locking up. I did, however, for some strange reason have it working for a week while Kerio was still installed , but during that time Skype did not work.Now , thanks to Brian, I have both working.
#37     Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:24 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

I just heard that something called "Sunbelt" firewall is causing the same problem as Kerio.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.