Archive

Topic: Prog Lockup. (36 replies)
#1     Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:50 am
GW4DTQ
PRESTATYN NWALES UK.

Subject: Prog Lockup.

Hi.All,
I have the same problem as K2CIB,If I click on the default Freq. 20 Mtrs. the machine locks up as well as the other Freqs..All other options are ok. and works great if I only use 20 mtrs.. I use it on another machine with no problems at all same Motherboard and CPU 2.2 Ghz..seems something odd with this machine,the CPU usage goes up to 100% when I try to change Bands on standby the Memory usage is 26.750 Kb seems this problem is rare so will keep trying to solve this..

Many Thanks.
Duncan GW4DTQ...
#2     Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:06 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Duncan. Every band is a different server. Whenever you do a band switch, it totally disconnects from the internet then it reconnects to a different server. It uses SSL to verify your password, then it opens TCP to make the new connection to the band server.

Usually the band switch is instant for me, but sometimes it says "Connecting to Server" for a few seconds. It seems slower to connect if I have Skype running.

Let us know if you figure out a fix. Thanks.
#3     Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:50 pm
PE1DDI
Berkel en Rodenrijs

Subject: Program freeze by changing band

Same problem as GW4DTU and K2CIB
If I click on the default Freq. 20 Mtrs. the machine locks up as well as the other Freqs. (I even switched off Skype)
Then I have to restart de computer.
The computer is a Dell 6100 notebook connected to the internet by WiFI
Speedtouch B1910C and broadband ADSL

Perhaps is there someone who can help?
#4     Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:10 pm
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Subject: Lockups

Make sure a firewall is not causing your problem. While there are no port forwarding issues to worry about with CQ100 some internet security programs such as Norton Internet Security, require that you 'allow' certain programs to access the internet. You may have to add CQ100 executable to the exception/allowed list. To check this quickly, simply disable your security for a few moments and then try CQ100.

While this may not be your precise problem it is worth checking and ruling out.
#5     Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:46 am
ZL3BCO
Nelson, NZ

Subject:

Like GW4DTQ the PC locks up if I change band. Only a hard reset extricates it. Have watched the traffic through the firewall and nothing leaves the machine when it goes to change band, seems an internal problem.

Build 185 had no effect.

Good luck Duncan, hope you can suss it out (the difference between the two machines).

73 Brian
#6     Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:37 am
W3DBG
Gaithersburg, MD

Subject:

This problem was first reported Sept 26th.
For continuity on this issue may I suggest interested persons see: http://www.qsonet.com/qbb/viewtopic.php?t=61
and my post: http://www.qsonet.com/qbb/viewtopic.php?t=61

The problem persists with v 1.1 build 185

I have tried everything I can think of to isolate this problem without success.

As more folks use the program, the more reports of this problem are surfacing.

Unfortunately, as I understand it, the developer has been unable to replicate the problem. Hence, no fix.
#7     Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:58 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Yes its true we cannot duplicate the problem so its very difficult to fix.

With Build 185 we took a wild guess what is causing the problem: Whenever the transceiver encouters a socket error, it attempts to reconnect to the current band server. A band switch performs a disconnect from one server then a recconect to another server. If the act of disconnecting raises an error, it will try to reconnect to the existing band. Thus No band switch will be possible. With build 185 we ignore socket errors that occur during a disconnect. I am now hearing this fix did not solve the problem. It was our best guess *hi*.

We will need more clues to help solve this mystery.

Someone reported high CPU useage whenever CQ100 is running. My CPU useage is only about 3% to 4% on 1.7 GHz machine. If you are seeing high CPU usage its a clue that some other program is intercepting and analysing the CQ100 traffic. Perhaps a firewall or antivirus program.

Someone reported closing IE6 solved the problem.

Someone reported resinstalling Windows solved the problem.

Someone reported his machine had KAZA installed.

It seems like the socket CLOSE for the current band is triggering the problem, not the socket CONNECT to the new band.

Any clues are welcomed.

73 Doug
#8     Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:36 pm
VO1MI
St. Johns, NL Canada

Subject: Finally solved problem - I think!

I have finally got the program on my computer to change frequencies without freezing up. I will explain what I did but have no idea why it worked - probably had something to do with "socket closing and opening." I hope someone can explain to me WHY it worked.

I went into the Control Panel/ Network Connection/Local Area Connection/Properties. I clicked on Install and installed the following:
Client Service fo Netware
NWLINK NetBios
NWLINK IPX/SPX/NetBios
Compatible Transport Protocol
Microsoft IPv6 Developer ..
Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

I then rebooted my computer when prompted and was then able to move between frequencies without the computer freezing up. Probably don't need all these installed but since I don't know which caused the CQ100 to work properly on my computer, I'll be keeping them there until somebody can tell me WHY it worked. Hope this will help those who have the same problem.

Boyd
#9     Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:18 pm
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Subject: Re: Finally solved problem - I think!

VO1MI wrote:

Client Service fo Netware
NWLINK NetBios
NWLINK IPX/SPX/NetBios
Compatible Transport Protocol
Microsoft IPv6 Developer ..
Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

Boyd

The first three clients are related to Novell netware and I don't see how they could effect CQ100. I'm not certain about the 4th and 5th. TCP/IP is required to access the internet. It's normally installed as part of the network interface. If it wasn't installed properly, was misconfigured or corrupt that certainly could have been an issue.
#10     Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:31 am
VO1MI
St. Johns, NL Canada

Subject: Freeze up problem

Over the next few days I will delete each of the installed components, one by one, and see what effect if any it has on CQ100. I agree with you that TCP/IP should be the only required one. Perhaps reinstallig it, or one of the others, got rid of a previous corrupt file. Anyway, I'm keeping my fingures crossed that there are no more problems with CQ100. Right now its running perfectly.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.