Archive

Topic: Newbie trouble getting going ?? (3 replies)
#1     Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:57 am
W2ICZ
Cheektowaga, NY.

Subject: Newbie trouble getting going ??

Well the OM finally made it, BUT !! no mic audio, using external sound card, it works FB on echolink but I am missing some flag setting I think, when you get to be 88 yr old ham things come slower HELP !1 or suggestions THANKS Doug. W2ICZ Syd
#2     Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:26 pm
W2ICZ
Cheektowaga, NY.

Subject: Follow up on Mic problem ??

After trying both echolink and cq-100, i find that when both prgm's are loaded the mic wont work when I close CQ100 the mic works on Elink but still wont run on CQ100 ?? CW mode works FB but need HELP Hi !! The OM W2ICZ
#3     Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:46 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Is this Windows 98 or ME? These windows do not like to share the sound card between 2 programs. The first program to load is the winner. If you close ALL programs then open the one you want, it might work. If you leave one open while you close the other, the open one will not recover from the problem until it is closed and reopenned. This is not a problem with modern Windows.

Click the white question mark and be sure the correct sound card is selected.
Be sure the CQ100 Mic Level is turned up.
Click the Audio Input Mixer and check all those settings.
#4     Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:32 pm
W2ICZ
Cheektowaga, NY.

Subject:

VE3EFC wrote:
Is this Windows 98 or ME? These windows do not like to share the sound card between 2 programs. The first program to load is the winner. If you close ALL programs then open the one you want, it might work. If you leave one open while you close the other, the open one will not recover from the problem until it is closed and reopenned. This is not a problem with modern Windows.

Click the white question mark and be sure the correct sound card is selected.
Be sure the CQ100 Mic Level is turned up.
Click the Audio Input Mixer and check all those settings.

THANKS Doug, still not sure why but I haven't found the proper key Hi, will keep trying, to many prgm's using the same sound card Hi again will keep trying THANKS Old Cock 73 The OM

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.