Archive

Topic: Program Hangs with Band Change (3 replies)
#1     Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:17 pm
K2CIB
West Palm Bch, FL

Subject: Program Hangs with Band Change

Brought up program and was working OK - heard 3 signals on 20m. Set up to call CQ and did OK without answer a few times. Checked other bands, but no signals. Went back to 20m and could not use any controls or bring up PTT. Had to ctrl-alt-del to get out of program. Repeatable failure.

John, K2CIB
#2     Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:32 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi John. Thanks for reporting this problem. I never heard of this problem, and I cannot duplicate the problem here. I will keep trying.

Every band is a different server. So a band switch disconnects from one server and logs into a new server. With some internet connections, this new login might take a few seconds. You will see a scrolling message "Connecting to Server" while waiting for the internet to connect to the new band. If this message lasts more than 20 seconds, another band switch will restart the connection attempt.

Does anyone else see a complete freeze-up of the program when attempting a band switch? I have tried with 3 computers and the band switches happen instantly. Except if Skype is running the band switches take a few seconds. I don't understand why Skype would interfere with another program making a TCP connection.
#3     Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:42 am
M1NTO
MANCHESTER

Subject:

Unsure whether this is a similar problem but on a number of occasions I have been in a 'lock' mode.
I give you an example:

Working a station on 21.200 for a few minutes with no problem. Finish this call and move to 21.200 to call. Receive call and QSY to 21.190. During a break in the talk another station comes in with 'Do you know that you are still on 21.210 and your details are displayed?'

I check the report and there is my Call Sign and detail.

Is this a glitch in the server? :(
#4     Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:48 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

There was a long discussion on this forum about the program freezing up on band switch. I recall the outcome was Kerio Firewall hooking into the TCP stack was responsible for this problem.

The Kerio problem is not related to the occurance of "Ghost Stations" . Click Search at the top and search for the word "Ghost".

73 Doug

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.