Archive

Topic: Vanishing CQ100 (8 replies)
#1     Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:20 pm
K5DUG
Vanleer, TN

Subject: Vanishing CQ100

I am wondering if there will be any updates to the CQ100 program as sometimes my CQ100 receiver will just vanish from he screen. When i bring up Task Manager it is not there either. I have to shut down the computer and restart to use it again...Also it seems to lock up quite a bit. By this I mean when I key up it wont unkey...thanks Doug
#2     Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:13 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Windows 98?
#3     Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:36 pm
K5DUG
Vanleer, TN

Subject:

No I am using Windows XP Home 2nd Edition
#4     Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:18 pm
W4DDD
Covington

Subject: qsotv vanishing from screen

I have a vista 64 bit pavilion and a laptop xp3. Both have had the same problems. Speed about doubles for no reason. qso vanishes. Click back and reopen. Then other times it disappears. Click on ICON mesage says its already running. Have to restart cpu to get it back on. This happened on both vista 64 bit and the windows xp3 so the 64 bit has nothing to do with the problem. Otherwise most of the time the program works great. in 52 days have had 74 qsos with 41 hams of which all were cw xcept 4 voice qsos. From what I read others have had same problem so if there is a solution I would like to hear about it .In my opinion its a great program. Always looks like no one is on so I call cq several times and most times get a reply. I seldom hear any one else calling cq. So it seem like when I am on that I am the only ham calling cq. w4ddd
#5     Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:51 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Does it happen only when transmitting? Does it happen only in CW mode? If you accidentally hit Alt_F4, the program will vanish. If you accidentally hit ALt_space_C the progam will vanish.

Do not hold your spacebar or mouse key down while transmitting. Holding it down causes some computers to crash. Put the mode to PTT/PTL and tap the space bar or mouse once to toggle T/R switch.
#6     Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:02 pm
W4DDD
Covington

Subject: Vanishing T/R on wind xp3 and vista 64bit

It has vasnished only while i am sending cw using keyboard. I am sure I have hit only the reg key on keyboard. It will just stop sending. Then the code speed will double and I cannot correct the speed. Then will stop sending. Other times message will say Attempting to contact server so I would assume thats like lost sig on Salellite TV. When it does that I have to turn off cpu and restart to get program back on. These problems do not happen often but annoying when they do as loose the qso.
As far as voice qso I have only had 4 and during those I had no problems.
#7     Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:08 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Does the code pitch double when the speed doubles?
#8     Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:13 pm
W4DDD
Covington

Subject: Vanishing cq100 plus double code speed

When the code speed appears to be about double it just sounds like any code would be when sent at a faster speed. I cant recall any change in pitch. Sounds just a faster speed. As i recall it also stopped twice and the other ham came back. When he turned it back to me the fast code started again until the end of what I had previously typed and then went back to the speed that I was sending.
w4ddd
#9     Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:41 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

I suspect this problem is related to the code I added to automatically try to reconnect a lost internet connection. The CW keyer part of CQ100 continues to run, while the internet transmission grinds to a halt attempting to establish a new connection. With half of the program running and half the program stalled, things are getting out of sync. It is related to threading and may be very difficult to duplicate and fix. Thankfully, it seems to be quite rare.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.