Archive

Topic: NO RX AUDIO - Codec Problem (9 replies)
#1     Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:55 pm
VK3AWA
Paradise Beach Vic

Subject: NO RX AUDIO - Codec Problem

I have just set up the application. Have no RX audio as problem posted by other stations.

Can hear the static generated by the software. Can use keyer and hear audio generated by keyer. Have clicked on the question mark will not allow me to open mixer control. Opened mixer control from Win control panel and wound all sliders to max. Nothing muted.......HELP Daryl (VK3AWA)
#2     Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:11 pm
VK3AWA
Paradise Beach Vic

Subject:

PS Can record and playback OK using windows sound recorder.

Daryl - VK3AWA
#3     Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:25 pm
VK3AWA
Paradise Beach Vic

Subject:

PS As another test. Connected to Echolink. TX/RX audio all OK.

Seems to be a problem only with the CQ100 aplication.

Daryl - VK3AWA
#4     Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:31 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Dayl. It sounds like everythingh is working ok for you. Did you tune in to a blue spike? If no stations are transmitting, you will hear only static. The best place to find blue spikes are 20 meter band.

When you hear the typed CW, the program is feeding audio to your sound card with no problem.
#5     Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:07 pm
VK3AWA
Paradise Beach Vic

Subject:

Yep I tuned to the blue spikes. The station info appears in the panel. The background static dissapears but no audio and no 'S' meter reading.

All my other applications requiring audio function correctly.
Cheers

Daryl - VK3AWA
#6     Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:05 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

hmmm this is very strange. You are obviously receiving incoming data because that triggers the hash to silence and shows the station ID. The incoming audio data is converted from GSM to PCM then its thrown to both the S-Meter and the sound card. Its like you have a problem with the GSM610 codec. This codec has shipped with all versions of Windows since 95. The Windows ACM (audio Compression manager) is used to decompress the incoming audio. You are receiving the audio data but its not making it through the necessary decompression. I would guess a problem with your Windows ACM system, or your GSM610 codec. Is this sound card a USB device? Do you have multiple sound cards? Its funny the mixer won't come up. What version of Windows? Try closing any other audio programs that might be created a conflict on your sound card.
#7     Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:46 pm
VK3AWA
Paradise Beach Vic

Subject:

I'm using the on board sound card. I think you may be right re Codec. How do I check? I'm using XPPro O/S.

Cheers

Daryl
#8     Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:05 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Daryl. There is a lot of stuff in the Windows Control Panel about codecs. The GSM610 codec is always turned on by default.

Also be sure your sound card has not been set to half duplex in the control panel. Its been about 10 years since half duplex cards were made, but sometimes the modern cards get accidently set to half duplex.
#9     Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:35 pm
VK3AWA
Paradise Beach Vic

Subject:

Hi Douglas,

Downloaded every Codec known to man and now the software is receiving audio fine. Still can't open mixer control from within the application but that is not a problem.
THANKS for your help.

Daryl de VK3AWA
#10     Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:43 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Congratulations on fixing the codec problem :)

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.