Archive

Topic: Skype Conflict causing Error 103 ? (6 replies)
#1     Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:28 pm
VE3EFC

Subject: Skype Conflict causing Error 103 ?

Two people have reported an intermittent ERROR 103 when they try to open QsoNet. The Error 103 means QsoNet SSL Secure Socket is not able to contact the QsoNet server. Everyone will get this error if the QsoNet server goes down.

At first, we thought this problem was caused by a firewall such as Norton Internet Security silently refusing QsoNet permission to use the Internet. After some testing, we may have discovered another cause.

When this problem appears intermittently, it seems to be related to the use of Skype. There is a setting in Skype under Tools> Options> Connection> Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives. Try removing the checkmark from this option. Or try closing Skype completely.

Remember to close Skype completely, you must right click the Skype icon in the system tray at bottom right corner and QUIT.

If anyone is able to confirm this Skype conflict, please let me know.
#2     Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:08 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Someone reported this 103 error is related to Norton Internet Security. The Norton needs to authorize CQ100.exe to use the internet.
#3     Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:23 am
VU3CPC
Kanhangad,Kerala,India

Subject: Login proble

VE3EFC wrote:
Someone reported this 103 error is related to Norton Internet Security. The Norton needs to authorize CQ100.exe to use the internet.

Hello Om,
My problem is Not Login cq100 yet,(iInvalid Login is coming) OS WinXP Sp2 .Echolink is running very fine
n Please help me

73 de Vu3CPC :(
#4     Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:34 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

If you see "Invalid Login" be sure it has the correct callsign.
Click Forgot Password on here...
http://qsonet.com/account.php
#5     Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:03 pm
G7JPN
Wolverhapton, West Midlands. UK

Subject: Conflict with Skype

Hi

I only joined QSONET a couple of days ago but have just tested it with Skype running.

I can talk to people on Skype and also hear the "radio chat" at the same time.

I use a Skype phone plugged into a USB port.
#6     Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:15 am
SM5ELV
Vaderstad

Subject: Error103

I dont have Skype in my computer and still get this error message so unable to log in. SM5ELV Kent
#7     Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:25 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Error 103 means the transceiver is not able to connect to the internet.

Several people reported this 103 error is related to Norton Internet Security or other firewall programs. The firewall needs to authorize CQ100.exe to use the internet. Many people running Windows 98 are running these strange firewalls. The firewall built into Windows XP is no problem.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.