Archive

Topic: Click on Callsign Does Not Open My Browser to QRZ.com (3 replies)
#1     Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:50 am
VE3EFC

Subject: Click on Callsign Does Not Open My Browser to QRZ.com

When you click on someone's callsign, your browser should open to QRZ.com
A few people have reported that this feature does not work.

We use a standard windows technique that allows one program to send a command to open you DEFAULT browser. This technique works in all versions of Windows.

Here are some reasons why it may not work:

1) Someone has messed with your default browser settings. Some ISP's install their own special browser that makes a mess of your system default browser settings. Try downloading Firefox and install that as your default browser.

2) Some "Internet Security" programs (yuk) cause lots of problems. They detect one program trying to open another program as a "Hyjack Attempt". They remove the ability of any program to open your browser. I watch Leo Laporte computer show on television "Call For Help TV". Leo says these internet security programs cause a lot more problems than they solve.

This problem is with your Windows configuration. It is not a bug in CQ100. It is not a problem with your internet connection.
#2     Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:05 pm
W1PI
Sebring, Florida

Subject: Not working with ME

Another observation. Appears not to work with Microsoft ME.

Clay, W1PI
#3     Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:40 pm
VA3CRL
Deep River, Ont. Canada

Subject:

Try "Tools", "Internet Options", click on the advanced tab, and select the "Restore Defaults". This procedure worked for me, for both CQ100 & EchoLink.
#4     Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:08 am
M3SDJ
staffordshire

Subject:

VA3CRL wrote:
Try "Tools", "Internet Options", click on the advanced tab, and select the "Restore Defaults". This procedure worked for me, for both CQ100 & EchoLink.
:lol: regarding the problem opening qrz ,, the answer you gave ,are you on wndows vista by any chance as we are and will it work with vista ... cheers :?:

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.