Archive

Topic: no receive audio (25 replies)
#21     Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:33 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Dave,

Try to eliminate the possibilty that something on your computer or in your house is using up the bandwidth. When you close all programs do the lights on your modem stop blinking?

Is it a cable modem? If so try turning your TV off.

The QsoNet servers are located in Dallas Texas. So a traceroute to qsonet.net or qsonet.com might be worth trying. We refuse to respond to pings, so traceroute will hang when it finally gets to us. This is normal.

73 Doug
#22     Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:38 pm
G3ZXX
Wincanton

Subject:

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the response.

Nothing else that can be effecting internet. Not on Cable. Its a straight connection via router / filter to the telephone line.

I've sent an e-mail to Tiscali support, and they had suggested flushing the DNS, which I have done, but it has had no effect. I'm now awaiting for their next suggestion.

I dont intend giving up, since all the est I've done, seem to imply that it start to fall apart once it hits the Tiscali network....

Cheers
Dave, G3ZXX.
#23     Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:36 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

If its a wireless router, try using a wire.
#24     Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:50 pm
G3ZXX
Wincanton

Subject:

Hi Doug,

No not wireless. Its hard wired.

The router is a ZyXEL Prestige 660H

Tiscali seem to have responed to my complaints about slow speed. The latest bandwidth tests, 43 in all from 6 different sources over 2 days, are indicating an average download speed of 1597kb/s and an average upload speed of 208kb/s.

But, I still cannot hear stations or see their ID, on a regular basis between 1030 GMT and 2300 GMT, even though signal spikes are visible.

I have also now tried using another different computer, with Windows 2000, and I still have the problem.

Cheers Dave.
#25     Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:35 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

There is a good discussion about dropouts here...
http://www.qsonet.com/qbb/viewtopic.php?t=588

Can you try bypassing your router? or use the DMZ port.
#26     Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:53 pm
G8FYH
Colchester. UK

Subject:

On my coomputer :oops: computer :D the problem with no receive audio was finally tracked down to the lack of a CODEC GSM 6.10.
Below are instructions for retrieving Microsoft's GSM 6.10 from its hiding place in the computer. This is for Windows XP.
Create a Restore Point before you start, just in case!

!!!! Usual disclaimers apply !!!!!

Go to Start - Control Panel - Add Hardware - Next
You will be told that the Wizard is searching, when it has stopped,
Click on 'Yes I already have connected the hardware' - Click Next.
On the next screen, use the scroll bar to scroll to the bottom of the list to 'Add new Hardware'
Highlight this and click Next,
On the next screen, select 'Install the hardware that I manually select' - Click next.
Scroll down to ' Sound, Video and Game controllers', highlight this and click next.
On the next screen, Standard System Devices will be highlighted,
On the right, click 'Have Disk'.
Another screen will appear 'Install from Disk'
Where it says 'Copy manufacturers files from'. Type C:\windows\system32
Click OK.
On the next screen, if it tells you that the software you are installing has not passed the Windows Logo testing....
Click 'Continue anyway'
scroll down and select Microsoft. GSM 6.10 Audio Codec, click next.
On the following page where it tells you the Wizard is ready to install your Hardware - click next.
Once again it will tell you that the software you are installing has not passed the Windows Logo testing
Click 'Continue anyway'
Wait while file installs.
Restart Computer

Hope this helps, it worked for me.

73 Laurie G8FYH :arrow:

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.