Archive

Topic: Can't hear anything. (4 replies)
#1     Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:23 pm
KA0AGC
Milton, Florida

Subject: Can't hear anything.

I have put the program on two computers and recieve no sound except speaker hum. Speakers are good. I took down my DSL router and run it from the bellsouth DSL modem. Still the same thing happens.
The radio dials and everything else works just no radio qso.. Echolink works ok on the computers.
#2     Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:17 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Try this... Click the white question mark and be sure the correct sound card is selected. Try using the keyer to test your speakers. Click Open Mixer for audio output and be sure Mic is the only thing muted. Turn up the sliders for Wave and Playback. Turn up the AF gain on the transceiver. Be sure the power light is on your powered speakers. Find a blue spike and tune in that signal. If you still have problem, try testing with the Windows Sound Recorder.

When you say speaker hum, do you mean 60 cycle hum or white noise static? The static noise will go away if you turn the squelch on.
#3     Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:10 pm
KA0AGC
Milton, Florida

Subject: Still no audio signals

I have double checked the sound card and all setting. I still don't recieve any audio signals. Keyer works audio works. Yes I hear white noises can control by speaker volume. This weekend should have been full of audio and cw signals..
#4     Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:31 pm
KA0AGC
Milton, Florida

Subject: I can HEAR now.

Reset my audio card.. It's working fine now. Worked several stations this morning. Can tune in on the spikes and it works. The only problem on my end is all the radios going at once. Download link from space and HF radio and 440 and two meter radios and now CQ-100 radio. Have to look before picking up correct mic...

Thanks Again.
Bob
#5     Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:36 pm
VK3AWA
Paradise Beach Vic

Subject:

Bob,

I'm suffering the same problem as you describe. When you say you "reset your audio card" what excactly did you do?

My audio is working OK on all other applications except CQ100.

Cheers

Daryl (VK3AWA)

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.