Archive

Topic: QSONet Login error..... (6 replies)
#1     Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:23 pm
WB5UDI
Parker, CO USA

Subject: QSONet Login error.....

Doug,

Running latest build. Program works just fine.

But, when I close it.....and come back, say, an hour later and try to launch the CQ100 app---I get the LOGIN window as normal.....with my password already in the box...and then when I press the LOG IN NOW button, I get the following error:

Error: Invalid Login
Please try again

Nothing has occurred on the laptop during that time--and its not in hibernate mode.

Nothing I do fixes this....there is no other "instance" of CQ100 running.

I have to reboot to fix things........

This has just been happening since I downloaded the latest build last week----this hadn't happened prior to this.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Stan
WB5UDI
#2     Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:38 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

You are the only one to report this problem. Is it Windows 98 or XP?

Your password is saved in the registry if you have checkmarked "Remember My Password". Try entering your password over top of those stars.

Perhaps you are running some registry cleaner or registry protectiion software.

If someone installs another callsign on your computer as the same Windows User, your password will be lost, even if you reinstall the program for your callsign.

73 Doug
#3     Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:25 pm
KC6UVA
West Monroe LA USA

Subject:

Doug, does the CQ100 software access the QSONet cookie(s)? If so, maybe deleting the cookie itself might help?
#4     Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:53 pm
WB5UDI
Parker, CO USA

Subject:

Thanks for the quick replies.

Yes, I am running Windows XP, but the one thing that was mentioned was a registry cleaner.

I have run that periodically......so maybe thats the answer. I will have to look closer next time I run it to see if it is going to "delete" a CQ100 registry entry. I hadn't seen one prior to this, so maybe its labled differently.

That is the only thing I have done recently.....so I will have to experiment with that.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Stan
WB5UDI
#5     Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:57 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

If you set "Remember me on this computer" in your browser for your account page, it uses a cookie.

If you set "Remember my Password" in the CQ100 tranceiver it uses a registry entry.

The two are not related by design.
#6     Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:46 pm
WB5UDI
Parker, CO USA

Subject:

Doug,

Thanks for the reply.

Well, after closing CQ100, and not doing anything to my computer--after a couple hours came back--and when trying to login..got that same error message again.

Typing my password "on-top-of" the asterisks didn't fix it.

Unchecking the box, "Remember my password" and re-entering my password didn't work.

Couldn't get it to stop giving me that error message, until I tried the following.

I went into my registry to : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cormac Technologies Inc.\CQ100\user and saw the key called "pwd". I opened it up, and erased the entry.

I then went back out and double-clicked my CQ100 icon, and BINGO, the login worked just fine.

And has been working fine since then.

So, while I can't explain exactly why the "pwd" field needed to be "refreshed"......it worked.

I hope this explanation helps you determine if it is a "just me" issue, or maybe a larger one.

Anyway---we're back to CQ100'ing !!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Stan

WB5UDI
#7     Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:29 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Thanks Stan for sharing the fix. I never heard of a problem where someone's registry becomes unwriteable.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.