Archive

Topic: CQ 100 Disappears!!! (2 replies)
#1     Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:46 am
WB5UDI
Parker, CO USA

Subject: CQ 100 Disappears!!!

Last night I was chatting with several hams on CQ100 @ 14.333MHz. We had a nice roundtable going along, and then at approximately 10:15 EST, my transceiver abruptly just CLOSED!!

This has never happened before. Tapping on the icon only gave me the message "THERE IS ALREADY AN INSTANCE OF CQ100 RUNNING".

Most folks would re-boot at that.....but I know to do an alt-ctrl-del and bring up the running services menu, so I could "close" CQ100.

Trying to restart it only brought up the "103" error...so after repeated tries I went to bed..

Was this a server crash? And if so, what caused the CQ100 application to terminate in such a fashion?

Stan
WB5UDI
#2     Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:17 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Stan,

I think your computer got disconnected from the internet and the program is sometimes not graceful about handling unexpected disconnection. ARe you using Windows 98?

You did the right thing with Ctrl_Alt_Delete.

The error 103 means its still not able to connect to the server.

Everyone would see this error if the server went down. But I checked the graph at the botton of the home page and I see no gaps. I think it was you ISP that went down.

Doug VE3EFC
#3     Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:02 am
WB5UDI
Parker, CO USA

Subject:

Doug,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

No, I have Windows XP SP2. I was using a hotel's wireless internet, so you are probably right--it's just never done that before over the past year or so.

And when I didn't see anyone else in the "Technical" forum saying they had a problem...that should have been my second clue.

Thanks again!

Stan
WB5UDI
Parker, CO

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.