Archive

Topic: No Audio Signals (5 replies)
#1     Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:25 pm
G0RKT
BUXTON, DERBYSHIRE

Subject: No Audio Signals

I can hear the white noise in my headset, but no operator audio, The message appears stating " Connecting to QsoNet server for 20mts etc " does this mean it is attempting to connect or has done so?
I have read previous posts, have disabled Skype and Torrents etc.
Any help appreciated.
#2     Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:41 pm
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Subject: No connection to server

You may have a software or hardware firewall preventing you from connecting to QSONET.com.

Windows XP SP2 installed an additional firewall that may yet be running. You may have to include QSONET.com as an exclusion.

Programs like Norton Inernet Security or PC-Cillin often cause problems like that.
#3     Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:45 pm
G0RKT
BUXTON, DERBYSHIRE

Subject: No Audio Signals

Many thanks for your reply. I have now configured the firewall to let the programme access the internet and all is well. Had 2 very good contacts with excellent audio from both stations. 73
#4     Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:13 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

What firewall was it? I never have to touch the firewall for Windows XP SP2.
#5     Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:22 am
K9FB
Kokomo, Indiana

Subject: Advanced software firewalls

Two-way firewalls such as Trend and ZoneAlarm can be configured to require application permissions to call out. I suppose this is to prevent trojans and spyware from invisibly taking over the connection for unauthorized activities. When I first launched the CQ100, ZoneAlarm asked me if I wanted to allow CQ100.exe to access the Internet. All I had to do was answer "Yes", and the access was automatically configured. Some firewalls require manual incoming and outgoing port setup for each application.
#6     Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:48 pm
G0RKT
BUXTON, DERBYSHIRE

Subject:

Thanks for you reply, I have turned off Windows Xp firewall and I am using Comodo Firewall. This is now configured to allow CQ100 access.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.