Archive

Topic: operator's info disappears (4 replies)
#1     Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:36 pm
4J9M
Baku, AZERBAIJAN

Subject: operator's info disappears

Hi Doug,

Sometimes I can hear the station, but it still says "4J9M listening" and does not give operator's info next to the frequency display. I must go 1 up and then down and then it appears ok.
Besides, I was speaking with friend of mine RA3AUM today and we both lost audio and could not hear anything. So, we had to restart the program.

73! Rashad (4J9M)
#2     Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:56 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Rashad,

I heard a few people talking about "lost audio" but I cannot duplicate it here. It is difficult to fix a problem when I cannot see it.

Instead of closing the program, just click the band switch. The band switch will reset everything.

The operator's info box goes to "listening" after 2 seconds of silence from the transmitting station. Sometimes a transmitting station has a bad internet connection, so there is a 2 second gap caused by internet problem. This is normal behavior. Maybe the CQ100 becomes confused whether it is receiving or transmitting when a station has lots of these internet breakups.

Here is some advice about the internet break up problem...
http://www.qsonet.com/qbb/viewtopic.php?t=52

73 Doug
#3     Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:34 pm
G4GXL
Kings Lynn, Norfolk

Subject: Missing operator details

Hello Doug

There is definitely a problem with 'missing operators info'.

I just upgraded from build 176 to 181. I had no problems in 176 but have experienced the 'missing op info' problem maybe 10 - 15 times in a couple of hours listening with 181.

It has happened when I have 'tuned to a spike'. I immediately hear the person but see no details.

Also this afternoon I heard someone calling CQ, his details were visible.
Someone replied with very nice audio, no breaks and no silences - but his details were not visible. They had several overs before QSY'ing. On each over the original station had details visible and the other station did not.

When they QSY'd I followed and details of both ops were then visible with no problems.

Steve, G4GXL
#4     Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:52 pm
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject:

I too have experienced this on one or two occasions. I don't think I saw a signal on the readout if I recall correctly. It is not a problem with me, just that I wanted to FYI you Doug..

Steve - W0SDG
#5     Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:55 pm
W4WWQ
Forest, VA

Subject: Missing operator info, here too

I started with build 181 and also see the lack of operator information. Had not associated it with a band or frequency. Does not happen to all in same QSO.
Pete

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.