Archive

Topic: Receive drops out (4 replies)
#1     Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:42 am
W4ET
EMERY SD

Subject: Receive drops out

I'm having a problem with the receive dropping out. I can listen to a conversation for a short time, then there is no audio from the stations I'm listening to and the display goes back to W4ET listening. After a while, if I leave it on frequency, the audio returns. If I switch bands and then return right back to the original band I was listening to the audio returns. It has dropped out on every QSO I have had and I have missed some of the transmissions. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

Ron
w4et.com
#2     Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:04 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Here is some advice...
http://www.qsonet.com/qbb/viewtopic.php?t=52
#3     Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:11 pm
W4ET
EMERY SD

Subject: Still having problems

I'm still having problems with loosing the "signal" while receiving stations. The station will drop out, then come back on in a few minutes. Then it will drop out again. When the signal goes offline I can still hear the "hiss" in the background. I can click on the band button and it will come back on. I tried turning off the virus program and all the other programs such as instant messenger but nothing seems to help. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

73 Ron - W4ET
#4     Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:36 am
W4ET
EMERY SD

Subject: Problem solved hopefully

Just wanted to let anyone who may be interested know that I solved my problem with the receive drop out by resetting my wireless router. At least it's working fine so far. I'm not sure why that solved the problem, but I'm thankful that it did.

73 Ron - W4ET
#5     Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:59 am
W4ET
EMERY SD

Subject: One additional comment

I left out a very important step in the above message. I not only reset the router but I turned off the plug and play feature of the router. I think that's what solved the problem.

Thanks
Ron - W4ET

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.