Archive

Topic: Transmit problems (2 replies)
#1     Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:50 pm
VA3CRL
Deep River, Ont. Canada

Subject: Transmit problems

I put out a call (CQ Test) on 14.200 tonight. W6VC Dave came back to me and said that my audio was clear. However, after I thanked him for his report, it appeared that I was still transmitting. the push-to -talk button was black, but the screen still showed my station as still being on 14.200. even when I changed frequency.
#2     Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:04 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Chris. I saw your ghost on there too. The ghost happens when your internet is suddenly disconnected while you are actively transmitting. The system does not receive your key-off command. The ghost can last 15 or 20 minutes.

Are you running any special firewalls like zone alarm? I heard from some people that zone alarm is causing random disconnects after a few minutes of use.
#3     Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:17 am
VA3CRL
Deep River, Ont. Canada

Subject:

Hi Doug,

No I do not use Zone alarm. I use McAfee. The DSL connection was working ok. This has happened once before. I was pleased to get a good report, but was not able to have a continuing QSO to check out my audio problem. On that note, several computer people that I've talked with have said that if my system works with Skype & EchoLink, it should work with CQ100. What are the differences between them? Also, does it make a difference if the sound card handles full duplex or not? I do not know if my card has that function.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.