Archive

Topic: Annoying Install/Reinstall Issue (6 replies)
#1     Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:20 pm
KC9WWL
Columbus, IN, USA

Subject: Annoying Install/Reinstall Issue

I always have to reinstall CQ100 after having closed it out. Still in 90 day trial period. Will the program stay put if/when I subscribe?

Thanks,
Jeff - KC9WWL
#2     Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:24 pm
K8LEN
indiana

Subject: reinstall

I have never had that problem, suggest you delete the whole program from the system/files and reinstall. I am using windows xp, but the other install is windows 7 both work very good. Sorry not much of a help
POB/PEKIN INDIANA :shock:

The expert/owner..he will help you
e mail
with your problem and call sign
douglas "at" qsonet.com
#3     Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:19 am
KC9WWL
Columbus, IN, USA

Subject:

Thanks for the comeback!
I've tried removing everything and then re-installing.

No go.
#4     Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:50 am
KC9WWL
Columbus, IN, USA

Subject: more info upon further investigation

What I've learned is that even though I installed the program using a Standard User Account on Windows 7, it is installed on the main Admin User Account as well, where there are no apparent functionality concerns at all. I'm assuming, based on what I've read in the Help File, that since CQ100 allows for separate accounts for multiple Windows users, the standard User account, which is what I mainly use, would have to be registered to a different Call Sign altogether, which does me no good.
#5     Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:14 am
K8LEN
indiana

Subject: cq100

WOW never ran into any of that on my windows 7 here just downloaded and away it goes.
Only thing I know contact DOUG..<owner cq100>.

POB/K8LEN :shock:
#6     Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:34 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

I have never heard of this problem. Try installing it as admin. There are some security programs that automatically delete anything you install as soon as you reboot. The same callsign can be installed into two user accounts on the same computer.

Paying for the service will have no effect on this problem.

.. Doug
#7     Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:38 pm
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject:

I believe Doug hit the problem - it is something security wise that you are running.

I have it installed on all my computers and never had a problem similar to yours (XP and Win7).

However, I have experienced some strange happenings when running some security packages with other installs.

What do you have running in the background?

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.