Archive

Topic: CQ-100 suddenly no TX (4 replies)
#1     Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:51 am
N5LBZ
Gulfport, MS.

Subject: CQ-100 suddenly no TX

I have been using cq-100 for several years now with a Logitech cleartalk pro USB headset.
My computer was a homebuilt XP PRO machine and CQ-100 worked fine. Intenet connection was via a hughes net satellite system.

I moved the XP computer to my second residence when I purchased a computer with new Windows 7.
The internet connection at my second home is DSL. CQ-100 works fine here as well.

When I am at the first residence on the satellite system on the win7 machine CQ-100 worked fine with the Logitech USB headset. Then a few days ago I had trouble. I had no transmit audio.

I clicked the ? and checked the setup and the logitech USB headset was selected for both input and output. I could hear audio in the headset but no TX. I checked the mute button on the cord but it was not flashing. I then went to the audio setup panel in Win7 and clicked on the logitech
usb microphone and then properties and the green level meter moved to the top of the box when I spoke. I unplugged the head set and when I plugged it back in later it started working.

A few days later I went to my second home and I took the new computer with me since I would be here for a few months. I disconnected my old XP machine anc connected the new Win 7 machine up.

CQ-100 has the no tx problem back. I tried uplugging the usb head set and repluggin it back in no change. Tried a different port no change. Tried restarting CQ-100 no change. Tried rebooting computer no change. Tried a new logitech USB headset no change. Tested headset on skype works
perfectly.

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

n5lbz
#2     Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:18 pm
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject:

Using a USB 3.0 by any chance? They can be very flakey.

Bill W2BLC
#3     Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:44 pm
KF4O
Taipei, Taiwan

Subject:

I also have W7 and skype and often skype tends to interfere with input. I usually need to go to my input properties (in the Control Panel) and fiddle with that for a bit to get things working okay. Not sure how many input jacks you have, but be sure to double check that.
hope you figure it out!
I almost forgot... dont use a USB hub for input... that may make a difference, and sometimes I find, changing the USB input slot fixes it.
Randy, KF4O
Taiwan
#4     Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:51 pm
N5LBZ
Gulfport, MS.

Subject:

Thanks to the stations that posted helpful suggestions on what to try
to fix my problem. I was a little vague when I said CQ-100 stopped transmitting. What I meant to sat that the TX audio quit. CQ-100 would
go int to transmit and display my info but there was no indication of any
audio on the meter.
And as I mentioned earlier I had restarted the computer as well as CQ-100
with no effect. What I failed to try and surprisingly no one else thought
of including Douglas was to try a different band. I was on 14Mhz. When I
changed to 7Mhz the TX audio worked fine and when I went back to 14Mhz the TX audio worked. Problem solved. Why I did not think to try this first
I do not know.

N5LBZ
#5     Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:20 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Try cleaning the contacts on your band switch ;)

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.