Archive

Topic: Trouble with Hotmail WindowsLive and MSN mail (3 replies)
#1     Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:31 am
VE3EFC

Subject: Trouble with Hotmail WindowsLive and MSN mail

We have learned that Hotmail and MSN and WindowsLive mail are blocking delivery of our emails to their users. They have blocked a range of IP address because they detected spam from some of these addresses.

We regard this action as HIGH HANDED and STUPID. There seems to be no way to contact them about the problem. We are looking at some way to solve this problem other than saying people with Hotmail and MSN addresses cannot register for CQ100. If you forward another address like @arrl to your Hotmail account you will not receive any email from us.

I have been using Gmail for a decade and I am 100% happy with Gmail. Gmail uses very intelligent methods to detect spam, so they would never resort to the stupid idea of blocking all similar IP addresses.

I would suggest that anyone using a Hotmail WindowsLive or MSN address go and register for a gmail account, then open your QSONet account page and change your registered address to your new gmail account. If you leave it set to Hotmail or MSN, you will not receive any email from us.

I will let you know if we make any progress in solving this problem.

73, Doug McCormack,
President, Cormac Technologies Inc.
#2     Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:48 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

I received a reply from hotmail about this problem. The reply dated March 24th says in part

"... I have conducted an investigation into the emails originating from your IP space and I am pleased to inform you that I have implemented a fix for your deliverability problem. This fix may take 24 - 48 hours to replicate completely throughout our system....
Regards,
Paul
Windows Live Hotmail Sender Support"

As of March 28th 2011, anyone using Hotmail, MSN or WindowsLive email address is not able to register for CQ100 or receive replies to their support requests.

Until this problem gets fixed, users of Hotmail, MSN and WindowsLive will have to use some other email address. I HIGHLY recommend Gmail.

I feel badly that many of my customers are caught in this serious problem. Hotmail does not seem to care at all about the inconvenience to their customers.

73, Doug
#3     Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:22 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Despite my best efforts, this problem continues for the past ten days. If you have an electronic mail address at "hotmail" , "msn" or "live" you cannot register for CQ100.

It appears Hotmail has blocked thousands of IP addresses hosted at The Planet because a few of these addresses have been sending spam. My communications with both Hotmail and The Planet have accomplished NOTHING!

We are now looking at moving our servers off The Planet system, as that appears to be the only way to solve this problem.
#4     Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:56 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Good News!

After 3 weeks, it appears Hotmail has fixed this problem, so for the time being, hams with a hotmail address can continue to register and use CQ100.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.