Archive

Topic: Call sign,handle,QTH,etc showing (4 replies)
#1     Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:36 pm
N1IQU
Fairhaven,Ma.

Subject: Call sign,handle,QTH,etc showing

The call sign,handle,and QTH etc shows for a second while the other station transmitting then disappears. I have to move off frequency and come for it to show or just wait till the person is done transmitting. When the next operator comes on it does the same thing. It was working fine but shortly after the first of the year it started doing this. Anyone have any idea why? Please drop me an e maile @ johnnyrebell12@yahoo.com
#2     Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:53 pm
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject: Seen that a few times

When that happens it is often accompanied by a drop of a word or two. I blame my ISP for it - the bandwidth is spread too thin. Of course, I might be wrong.
#3     Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:37 pm
N1IQU
Fairhaven,Ma.

Subject: Re: Seen that a few times

W2BLC wrote:
When that happens it is often accompanied by a drop of a word or two. I blame my ISP for it - the bandwidth is spread too thin. Of course, I might be wrong.

You could be right, I never noticed this happening when I was home. I am at a resort and the WiFi is in another building. I guess I'm going to have to do some experimenting. Thank you for your reply greatly apreciated
#4     Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:05 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

The text disappears if your internet connection pauses. Tune away them come right back. This action will refresh the text.

Wireless internet will have these pauses if the signal is not strong enough.

Refer to the FAQ page regarding voice breakup for more details.
#5     Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:44 pm
N1IQU
Fairhaven,Ma.

Subject:

Both you gentlemen are properly right, because I am working a wireless connection, and I guess the signal was stronger last year. I'll have to wait till I get home and see what happen, if it correct it self then that was the problem thank you both for your help. 73's

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.