Archive

Topic: Program lockup on windows 7 & 64 bit (6 replies)
#1     Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:52 pm
W9CAR
MADISON, WI

Subject: Program lockup on windows 7 & 64 bit

I just installed a new Dell windows 7 - 64 bit machine. I downloaded qsonet and tried to operate it. Virtual radio page came up, but all controls locked up & no audio. I had to force it to reboot to unlock the problem. Is there a different download for windows 7 64 bit, or what am I doing wrong? My other machine on windows 7 - 32 bit operates fine??

Ralph W9CAR Madison, WI
#2     Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:35 pm
KA4UDX
Fort Lauderdale, Florida US

Subject: Re: Program lockup on windows 7 & 64 bit

W9CAR wrote:
I just installed a new Dell windows 7 - 64 bit machine. I downloaded qsonet and tried to operate it. Virtual radio page came up, but all controls locked up & no audio. I had to force it to reboot to unlock the problem. Is there a different download for windows 7 64 bit, or what am I doing wrong? My other machine on windows 7 - 32 bit operates fine??

Ralph W9CAR Madison, WI

I also use Windows 7 64-bit. And most of the time the CQ100 program works fine. But I have had it losing the received audio. I can still see the stations transmitting because their information pops up in the Freq / Info Display and the S Meter moves. But no sound. I close the program and open it again and the sound comes back.

I wonder why that is? It seems to be increasing in frequency. And my system audio still works. I can click the volume control on the task bar and click the slider and get the "ding ding"sound out of it. I do that when it happens to make sure it's not me. Because I've had system audio problems on this machine where after I mute sound ... then unmute it ... I don't get my sound back. But that's another, non CQ100, problem.

---
73 de KA4UDX
#3     Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:43 am
K4JCK
monroe, nc

Subject: lost my link to my cq 100 how do i recall it, i am payed up

i have lost my link to cq 100, how do i recall and reload the virtual radio back in my pc?
k4jck
bpoole13@triad.rr.com
#4     Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:15 am
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject: How I did it

When I put my newly built win7-64 machine on line I went to http://www.qsonet.com/index.html and downloaded the program. Then I installed it and typed in my information. I placed the icon on my desktop (never in the start listings or any other place - only on the desktop).

When configuring: I selected the computer's own sound system (already preselected by the software) for receive. For transmit I selected the USB microphone I use.

I have been running it without problem since April of last year.

In my experience, I have found that most problems relating to CQ100 relate to other software making system changes and stranding CQ100. The worst applications being games, followed by the social networking stuff (including Skype).

Bill W2BLC www.w2blc.net
#5     Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:42 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

I had a few people claiming that CQ100 was "locked up" but they were clicking on the picture on the website or picture in the manual. Be sure you are clicking on the real program and not a picture of the program. If you open a web page and click on a picture of the program, nothing will happen.

I personally have run CQ100 just fine on many Win7, 64 bit computers. The only problem was that some computers require you to use the Windows volume controls instead of the knobs on CQ100.

Many of these strange problems are caused by third-party SECURITY software that modifies and cripples your windows. I recommend using a straight "anti-virus" program instead of a full-blown "Security Package".

We will soon be releasing a "SIGNED" copy of CQ100, to reduce the hassle from security programs. If Norton detects you have installed an UNSIGNED program, it will flag the program as a virus. Norton even has a fake name for this fake virus. Now they can say they found a virus that all the others missed. I hate Norton!

I agree with Bill that Skype can play havoc with other audio programs. Skype also uses your internet connection behind your back to route other phone calls. Your internet can become overloaded, so you may hear some audio breakup in CQ100. Don't leave Skype running continually in your system tray unless you are planning to use it.

There may be a bug in CQ100 Options Window: When you select a different sound card, you may have to close the program before the change takes effect.

..Doug
#6     Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:06 pm
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject: Another note on Skype

Just signing out of Skype will not completely kill it. You must quit the program via a right button click on the Skype icon on the task bar.
#7     Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:57 pm
NJ3H
Stephens City, Virginia, USA

Subject:

When I use Skype, my sound settings are affected. When I go from Skype to CQ100, I click on a sound settings configuration file on my desktop to reset the settings back to what I like for CQ100. I also have sound configuration for CQ100 digital modes, internal PC sounds for recording streaming audio, and a couple of others.

These configuration files are created with QuickMix ver 1.06. So simple to use. The program is free to use. Just Google it. The sound settings reset in less than a second. This is so much easier than going to the sound settings screens and re-figuring everything out each time.

Hope this helps someone out there.

George, NJ3H

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.