Archive

Topic: SPIKE IS NORMAL (2 replies)
#1     Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:06 am
WB2HMY
ARECIBO,P.R.

Subject: SPIKE IS NORMAL

HI DOUG,SPIKE ACTS NORMAL... TO GET THE AUDIO AND CALL SIGN DATA BACK I HAVE TO CLICK MANY TIMES ON THE BAND SELECTOR....
ONLY 2 BANDS ARE A PROBLEM... DOUG IS THERE A SERVER FOR EACH BAND??????????? I COULD UNDERSTAND IT MESSING UP ON ALL THE BANDS BUT 2 OUT OF 6 ?????? WELL DOUG LET ME TAKE THIS TIME TO WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR... IT WILL GET SOLVED IN TIME....
ITS ONLY THE VISTA ,XP IS FINE....
#2     Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:44 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

What firewall do you use? What about "Security Software"? Can you test with the Windows firewall?

All the band servers are separate instances of exactly the same program running on the same machine, but set to a different port. Perhaps your firewall is not allowing you to re-connect to the same port within a time out period.

Can you test with a USB headset to bypass your built-in sound card? It might be the connection to the sound card that failing, not the connection to the internet.

If your network is sending or receiving corrupt data on certain ports, you will not receive voice and callsign. If you are using a wireless network, try using a wire instead.
#3     Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:06 am
WB2HMY
ARECIBO,P.R.

Subject: PROBLEM SOLVED

DOUG,THAT PROBLEM WITH THE 2 BANDS THAT WAS DRIVING ME NUTS WAS SOLVED BY THE CABLE CO. TECH WHO'S DAD IS A HAM.... HE GAVE ME A ASSIGNED IP TILL THEY SOLVED THE PROBLEM.... THE MINUTE HE CHANGED THE IP THE PROBLEM WITH CQ-100 WAS RESOLVED...... :D

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.