Archive

Topic: LOSS OF AUDIO AND CALL SIGN INFO---BUT SPIKE STAYS... (4 replies)
#1     Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:55 pm
WB2HMY
ARECIBO,P.R.

Subject: LOSS OF AUDIO AND CALL SIGN INFO---BUT SPIKE STAYS...

PROBLEM THAT CAME UP CQ-100.. CAN LISTEN ON 20M,15,28AND 29,JUMP BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN BANDS,NO PROBLEM.. BUT JUMP DOWN TO 3.5 BAND SEE SPIKE NO AUDIO,NO CALL SIGN INFO??? ALSO SHOWS UP ON 40 TOO... THOSE TWO BANDS SEEM DIFFERENT FROM THE REST IN SOME WAY... CAN'T BE THE AUDIO DRIVERS BECAUSE ITS FINE ON THE OTHER 4 BANDS???? I CAN START THE PROGRAM ON 3.5 STAY
ALL DAY AND NOT HAVE ANY INDICATION I HAVE THIS CONDITION,BUT JUMP UP TO SCAN HIGHER BANDS FOR A SECOND AND COME BACK TO THE DEAD DISPLAY AND NO AUDIO... :?:
#2     Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:56 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

I have never heard of this problem. All bands are exactly equal on the server side. If some bands are behaving differently, it has to be on the client side.

Sometimes third party firewalls and "security" programs will cause weird problems. I know Kereo Firewall does not allow you to change bands at all.

When you change bands, the program disconnects from your sound card then reconnects. Check you have the latest driver software for the sound card.

The spikes are refreshed every 5 seconds, so it is possible and normal to see a spike for up to 5 seconds after someone has stopped transmitting and their callsign has disappeared.

I hope this helps.
#3     Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:48 am
WB2HMY
ARECIBO,P.R.

Subject: IT'S ONLY WITH THE VISTA HOME I'M USING -XP IS FINE....

VE3EFC wrote:
I have never heard of this problem. All bands are exactly equal on the server side. If some bands are behaving differently, it has to be on the client side.

Sometimes third party firewalls and "security" programs will cause weird problems. I know Kereo Firewall does not allow you to change bands at all.

When you change bands, the program disconnects from your sound card then reconnects. Check you have the latest driver software for the sound card.

The spikes are refreshed every 5 seconds, so it is possible and normal to see a spike for up to 5 seconds after someone has stopped transmitting and their callsign has disappeared.

I hope this helps.
:!:
#4     Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:33 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

If you see a spike with no callsign showing for longer than 5 seconds, try tuning away 1 few kc then tune back.
#5     Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:49 pm
WB2HMY
ARECIBO,P.R.

Subject: 3.5 AND 7 MHZ

OK DOUG,USED USB TO CHECK, SAME PROBLEM ALSO REMOVED VISTA FIREWALL TO CHECK,ALSO REMOVED PROGRAM AND REMOVED ALLOWANCE IN WINDOWS FIREWALL.. REINSTALLED CQ-100 ,WINDOWS ASKED TO UNBLOCK AGAIN..... NO CHANGE... BUT I DID LEARN SOMETHING ,FROM YOUR QUESTIONS.. I CLICKED ON THE QUESTION MARK ON TRANSCEIVER AND JUMPED BETWEEN A REALTEK SPEAKER AUDIO AND REALTEK DIG AUDIO AND SEEN THE SAME PROBLEM TAKING PLACE,BUT AGAIN IT'S ONLY ON 80 AND 40???????? IF I DO IT ON THE OTHER 4 BANDS NO PROBLEM.... :roll:

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.