Archive

Topic: Mike Gain / Audio Input (1 replies)
#1     Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:26 pm
VE3OV
Toronto Ontario

Subject: Mike Gain / Audio Input

The Mike Gain control on the front panel of my CQ100 is linked to my web cam mixer instead of my sound card mixer. I have the audio input selected as the sound card but the mike gain control knob is still varying the wrong microphone mixer. The audio input selector is picking up the right microphone audio source so I can talk through the CQ100. Seems to be a bug in the program regarding the Mike Gain control knob. Joe VE3OV
#2     Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:49 pm
VE3OV
Toronto Ontario

Subject:

Thanks to those who responded to my question in my previous posting, especially Barrie, VE1CSY for his offer to help. My computer is a Windows XP with an on board sound card.

The problem has now been solved and the MIC GAIN knob is indeed varying the Mic Gain through the CQ100 as it is supposed to.

Previous to installing my CQ100, the only microphone device I had used was my webcam. When I installed my CQ100 and headset microphone, I clicked on the question mark at the upper left corner which brought up the audio input selector where I selected the sound card as the audio source into the CQ100. That made the transceiver's meter kick up properly and proper Mic audio to be sent out.

However as I subsequently discovered the Mic Gain knob had no effect on controlling the level of audio going out. Selecting the audio source as I indicated above, apparently is not selecting the audio source that the knob controls.

On my XP computer, to select that source, you must go to the computer's control menu and click on Settings and then select Control Panel. From the Control Panel menu, select Sounds and Audio Devices. Click on Voice and select the Sound Card as the audio source.. That makes the knob work the microphone gain slider as it is supposed to.

In short, you must have the sound card selected at both control panel locations. Lesson learned.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.