I've spent the entire morning making changes to my operating system to try and discover what causes CQ100 to lock up when I go to a different band. I've disabled IExplorer, turned on services that were disabled (Windows XP Pro), changed the screen resolution, turned off all other running programs, deleted CQ100 and downloaded it again, made changes in my Setup but all to no avail. Twice I was able to go to 29.200 and call CQ but then was unable to get back to 14.200. Certainly there must be someone out there who has found a solution to this problem - which several people have brought up in various posts throughout this forum.
There are quite a number of things you can do to find out what the problem is. A few were mentioned earlier. I won't go into all of it here, but if you like you can contact me via email or setup a sked on CQ100 and I will be happy to help you.
I'm now able to get to 29 mhz and make calls but then I can't get back to 14 mhz without the program locking up. After I reboot and click on the CQ100 icon, the program starts but only on 29.200 mhz. Now I can't get back to 14.200 without reinstalling the program. Weird!