Archive

Topic: ver 1.1 (4 replies)
#1     Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:58 pm
VA3BJJ
thunder bay ontario

Subject: ver 1.1

i recently installed the program and when i click on the question mark it show me ver1.0
i went to my acount apge and downloaded ver1.1 but when the download comes through it shows only ver 1.0
after installing it and checking the version it still shows ver 1.0
can you give me an idea of what im doing wrong

thanks
bill
#2     Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:14 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Bill. I never heard of this problem before.

Are you sure you RAN the install program after you downloaded it? If your transceiver was open during the upgrade, the upgrade should complete the next time you boot up. A running program cannot be upgraded.

Click the white question mark then ABOUT. You should see version 1.1 BUILD 176. That is the latest.

Maybe you are looking at the model number CQ100. This number does not change.

The name of the downloaded file is setup_cq100.exe for all versions. Maybe your browser is detecting a file of that name is already on your hard drive. It should warn you about over-writing existing file. Search your hard drive for this file name and delete any files of this name, then repeat the download.
#3     Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:32 pm
VA3BJJ
thunder bay ontario

Subject: ver 1.0

thanks for the reply.
when i click on the question mark and look at about, it shows ver 1.0 build number 153 thats after deleting the program alltogether and redown loading it
#4     Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:42 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Bill. I remember seeing a problem like this a few years ago. Your computer or your ISP has cached the old version somewhere along the way, and because the file name is the same, it does not go all the way back to my server. Here is a trick to try... I have renamed that same file to a new name. download this file.

http://qsonet.com/dnload/setup_cq100_110.exe

This new name should force it go back all the way to the source.
#5     Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:10 pm
VA3BJJ
thunder bay ontario

Subject: ver 1.1

thnaks for the advice.
after reading your last reply, i deleted everything again using the unistall option . i also made sure no other copies of previous downlaods were still on the computer. this time it asked me to reboot the computer to for the changes to take effect. after the reboot i went back to the site, downloaded 1.1. again and this time it installed clean...

thnaks for the help

love the program and have mad e many contacts today alone..
thanks again doug and thansk for the demonstration at the club meeting

bill

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.