Archive

Topic: Catholic Net? (5 replies)
#1     Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:04 pm
KB9BVN
Indiana

Subject: Catholic Net?

Anyone interested in starting a Catholic Net or maybe a Knights of Columbus Net? Voice or CW works for me.

73 de KB9BVN

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona nobis pacem.
#2     Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:39 pm
KB3MGR
Walkersville, Maryland

Subject:

As a fellow Roman Catholic I'd certainly participate!

On a side note I can't think of anything in the FCC restricting usage to a net based around catholics as long as all are allowed to participate. Might want to double check to be sure.

73's
-kb3mgr
#3     Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:50 pm
KB9BVN
Indiana

Subject:

KB3MGR wrote:
As a fellow Roman Catholic I'd certainly participate!

On a side note I can't think of anything in the FCC restricting usage to a net based around catholics as long as all are allowed to participate. Might want to double check to be sure.

73's
-kb3mgr

Jameson, welcome to a great and wonderful hobby. Your dad did a good thing enticing you in to the hobby. I have two sons and one of them is a ham, the other is a Marine.

The FCC wouldn't have any radio authority over a CQ100 based Catholic Net so we're perfectly safe there. There is no way to keep someone out of a net on CQ100, at least no way that I have found.

73 es God Bless
#4     Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:25 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

I may be wrong, but I believe the FCC would have no objection to a Catholic net, or any other net, as long as it's not broadcasting, and no money is changing hands.

There has been a long standing suggestion that religion and politics are topics that are best avoided on ham radio but this suggestion has never been a government regulation or a law in any country that I know of.
#5     Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:36 am
KB9BVN
Indiana

Subject:

Yeah...there are a lot of religious nets on the air and I don't recall hearing about the FCC having to clamp down on them. I have heard some fraternal nets as well, and they allow anyone to participate usually.

But QSONET and CQ100 isn't on the air, it's on the internet, which would lead me to believe the FCC has little to do with anything here. There's nothing you can do here that will jeopardize your operating license.
#6     Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:17 am
KB3DHG
Etters

Subject: idea

:) I think a Catholic Net would be wonderful! I myself am Catholic and I have no problem with that whatsoever. God Bless and good luck!!!

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.