Archive

Topic: DX NET (3 replies)
#1     Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:53 am
K5ZRK
Sandersville, Ms.

Subject: DX NET

Is there a dx net yet ? It would be nice if we had a net devoted to dx, working new countries. This net could operate on one of the less used bands and run like the hf county hunters net some of the dx nets. If there is any interest in this please let me know. There is no need to try to start a net when there is to be no interest in the net . There would be several nets daily to accomadate time diferences and also work schedules. If you are interested in this respond and maybe something can be established.
#2     Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:02 am
M3JZT
Doncaster

Subject:

Good idea,...I will keep an eye on this one.

m3jzt
#3     Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:06 am
2E0IMJ
Canterbury

Subject:

Yes this is something I have been thinking about as well. I am assuming we are also talking about RF DX as well. My problem is I dont have the massive kw + power and stacked arrays most people have on the bands. My thoughts on this are if you cant get dx running 1.5 kw into a stacked array then there is something wrong. I run here 50watts into wire antenas.It would be good to work that rare or out of reach DX. By arranging a form of forum/cluster and also arranging on here for skeds on RF with stations, it truly be a complement to our existing HAM RADIO hobby.

Nb Iwill be up grading later this year to our Full Licence which will permit me to use 400 watts , but hey what the heck ?

If I am totaly wrong about your aims here, sorry for rambling on :D
#4     Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:11 pm
N9BUB
Bedford, IN

Subject:

I would be interested in this type of net .. I am in sort of the same position as the fella from down under .. I don't have an elabrate antenna system .. I live in a condo and only have a Force 12 Flag Pole ... which works quite well I might add and I am able to run 700 watts for short bursts .. I am a 95 percent digital OP ... RTTY , PSK , CW and would appreciate a place where I can make a sked for that rare contact .. would appreciate any info on this type of net ..

73 es GD DX ..

de N9BUB
Dave

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.