Archive

Topic: non-amateur version to attract potential new hams (6 replies)
#1     Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:51 pm
WA1HJR
Hudson, NH

Subject: non-amateur version to attract potential new hams

I would like to suggest that a new version be created that would be available to the general public free for the purpose of demonstrating what ham radio is all about. This version would have all transmit functions disabled with all other monitor functions enabled. Members could notify friends and others that may be interested and thus increase the potential of more people joining the hobby.
Len, WA1HJR
#2     Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:47 am
W5JXT
Roswell

Subject:

i agree with this whole heartedly. Something as interesting as this should be made available to the public for monitoring to see if this is something that they would want to take part in.

W5JXT
#3     Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:16 am
G4ZPU
Poole

Subject: Re: non-amateur version to attract potential new hams

WA1HJR wrote:
I would like to suggest that a new version be created that would be available to the general public free for the purpose of demonstrating what ham radio is all about. This version would have all transmit functions disabled with all other monitor functions enabled. Members could notify friends and others that may be interested and thus increase the potential of more people joining the hobby.
Len, WA1HJR

There is already a program, free of charge, available to both licencenced and unlicenced interested in ham radio with both transmit and receive fasilities similar to CQ100. This program is created by a Swede, Kelly Lindman, SM7NHC and can be downloaded at:

www.hamsphere.com

73 de Sten
G4ZPU
#4     Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:37 am
M1GUR
UK

Subject: PMR-radio

You can use the PMR program, thats free for license/ unlicense users.

www.pmr-radio.net

Cheers Peter.
#5     Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:46 am
M1GUR
UK

Subject: non license program

Talk Force is a license free cb radio type program but with not too many users.

www.talk4ever.net
#6     Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:31 pm
K8LEN
indiana

Subject: hamsphere

That hamsphere, never could get it to work, got only break up on reception and the ptt couldnt get it to work, must be doing something wrong

POB

I got it working, changing to higher speed isp, dial up doesnt make it, up to 10 countries and many contacts, a lot of fun also

POB :shock:
#7     Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:02 pm
VE5RMO
Regina, Saskatchewan

Subject: RX version of cq100 for SWL

How about a rx only version for those swl... same thing as we got but minus the TX button... they can hear voice.. cw.. they can use the same digital programs we use to RX... that is one way if it could be done... 73's all VE5RMO (Rawn)

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.